Anton Paar's high-precision, scientific instruments help our customers develop every-day products from your shampoo to your shoes, your lunch and favorite beverages, your computer and medication, jet engines, batteries and the pavement on which you commute every day. We help Fortune 500 companies of almost every industry sector, start-ups, and leading universities conduct their research and quality control.
Owned by the charitable Santner Foundation, our investment into R&D is unmatched and leads to industry-leading products. We maintain fiscal stability and independence so we can handle today and tomorrow's challenges, and aim to provide meaningful, long-term workplaces for all employees. Anton Paar is headquartered in Graz, Austria, and operates worldwide.
As a Field Systems Specialist, you will be providing technical support and assistance for Anton Paar's surface and porosity measuring instruments.Snapshot of What You’ll Do:
The Field Systems Specialist travels to customer locations across the United States to provide on-site installations, service and commissioning expertise of measuring and laboratory instruments using well established procedures and processes. The Systems Specialist also provides entry level application support and assists with in-house repairs.Skills We Look For:
The Field Systems Specialist is a self-starter who has excellent communication skills and engages with customers to provide solutions. Job duties include:
- Utilizes knowledge of basic scientific principles and Anton Paar QuantaTec instruments in order to support installation, service and commissioning support for newly purchased systems with focus on instruments that have well defined documentation and thorough training is available.
- Supports the sales force with product specific tasks.
- Provides entry level applications support in order to improve and maintain customer success with the use of their instruments and software.
- Completes entry level application testing on less complex instrument setups.
- Delivers on-site and in-house service.
- Consults with Management, sales representatives, and Service Employees on quality related issues, recommending appropriate action.
- Investigates, analyzes, and diagnoses whether instrumentation is properly functioning, advising customer accordingly.
- Evaluates malfunctioning instruments to ascertain cause of malfunction.
- Uses established procedures with respect to calibrations, trouble-shooting, maintenance, and repair of scientific instruments.
- Identifies and forwards sales opportunities to sales representatives when an opportunity to expand or grow business may be present.
- Maintains proper and correct records of parts and supplies used and related business expenses.
- Must maintain a current and valid driver’s license and passport.
- 75% overnight travel throughout the U.S, Caribbean, and at times internationally.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
The Field Systems Specialist typically requires a combination of experience, education, training, certifications and skills. This role requires the following:
- Associate’s degree required in electrical, mechanical or chemical engineering, IT, chemistry, or physics or related field.
- 1 year of experience working in the analytical instrumentation industry or equivalent experience
- Attends mandatory technical training courses to stay current on new developments in the field. Certificates are awarded upon satisfactory completion of each program.
- Knowledge of the theoretical and practical application of engineering science and technology
- Skill in using electronic schematics, electronic testing equipment and repair tools
- Analytical problem-solving skills
- Good verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer service skills
The Field System Specialist will possess strong product knowledge, industry knowledge and soft skills to engage with customers, including:
- Accountability: Takes responsibility for all work activities and personal actions, follows through on commitments, and acknowledges and learns from mistakes
- Communication: Provides clear instruction, clearly explains how product or process works and is available to answer any questions that may arise
- Customer Focus: Ability to meet or exceed customer service needs and expectations and provide excellent service in a direct or indirect manner
- Problem Solving: Ability to effectively identify challenging or complex issues, evaluate options, and resolve in the best interest of the organization
- Technical Expertise: Demonstrates depth of knowledge and skills, and develops solutions to highly complex problems by applying technical acumen