Berkeley Research Group
BRG Corporate Finance is looking for a mid-level consulting staff professional to work directly with the head of the Research group in Saddle Brook, NJ.This position is based in Saddle Brook, NJ, and does not require travel. Excellent opportunity for professionals with accounting, consulting, investment banking, corporate finance, sell-side or buy-side research, rating agencies, or law backgrounds to take their career in a new direction, providing for career growth within the Research group. Candidates must reside within a daily commuting distance from the Saddle Brook, NJ office.
BRGs Corporate Finance practice offers a full portfolio of services to companies across the corporate lifecycle including supporting transactions, leading performance improvement activities in non-distressed situations and turnaround and restructuring activities in distressed situations.
The Research group is an internal knowledge team within BRG Corporate Finance, supporting Corporate Finance professionals in their business development efforts and billable case work. Services the group provides include:
- Assistance with lead generation for restructuring work (i.e. Watchlists, bankruptcy filing alerts, research on pending opportunities, etc.)
- Preparation of pitches, proposals, and other presentations, including industry overviews and thought leadership materials.
- Support on active engagements.
- Maintenance of marketing materials for the Restructuring Group.
- Provide qualitative and quantitative research and analysis of industries and target companies for pitch books, industry presentations, and ongoing engagements.
- Collect, analyze, and interpret SEC and court documents for pitches and presentations.
- Maintain proprietary databases.
- Respond to ad hoc research requests.
- Create and adhere to quality control methodologies and techniques.
- Supervise junior associates and interns.
- Quality check own work product and the work of associates and interns.
- The successful candidate will possess 3-7 years of experience at an investment bank, consulting firm, rating agency, law firm, or similar;
- Knowledge of research methodologies and familiarity with third-party research sources (such as Bloomberg, CapitalIQ, Factiva, etc.) is required;
- Understanding of financial statements and ability to read and interpret legal documents is a must
- The candidate must be able to sift through large volumes of information in to extract relevant details and present them in a clear and concise format
- The candidate must have excellent analytical/quantitative skills with superior attention to details
- Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize and adapt to shifting priorities and rapid changes;
- The candidate must be a self-starter and able to thrive in a high-pressure environment;
- Some overtime and weekend work may be required;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint);
- Prior restructuring or credit analysis experience, as well as familiarity with bankruptcy process, is a plus; and
- Candidates must reside within a daily commuting distance from the Saddle Brook, NJ office.
BRG is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities