***We participate in E-Verify and candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug test***
A Day in the Life
The Receiving Clerk provides direct support to the Receiving/Shipping/Returns Supervisor and supports the functions of the Receiving Lead and team members. The Receiving Clerk assists the supervisor to drive solutions to support growth goals, process and quality improvements. With a focus on results, will support and drive progress ensuring timely processing of received product and commitments by the Operations team, while collaborating closely with the supervisor and all functional areas of the organization to drive process improvement and innovation within NRI.
All About You
What You Will Bring to the Role:
- Proficient technical capabilities, inclusive of tier one WMS experience (Aspire).
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications
- Has the ability to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities.
- Decisions have a critical effect on the organizations reputation, team members, client services, policies or operations.
The Must Haves:
- High school diploma preferred
- 1+ years of relevant work experience.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties, including the ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs, walking and standing for extended periods, frequent stooping and bending, climbing ladders, and tolerating conditions such as dust, dirt, noise, odors, heat, cold, etc.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred, but not required
- Experience preferred in continuous improvements to drive customer fulfillment, quality, efficiency and safety.
Things You Will be Doing
- Ensures that all inbound shipments are processed according to Service Level Agreement (SLA) commitments to the Client.
- Maintains records relating to the movement of inbound shipments.
- Accurately enters all documents, ensuring they are complete and ready for processing in Aspire.
- Works with the Supervisor to determine inbound volumes and arrival times.
- Ensures all inbound schedules are maintained and that documentation is accurate for all shipments.
- Plans, monitors and adjusts to accommodate and meet Client's needs.
- May make delivery appointments for inbound shipments and update the receiving log (Appointment Log) for Operations.
- Ensures that dangerous goods are handled, identified and labeled according to TDG standards.
- Works with the Supervisor and Receiving Clerk around the forward-looking load and the Client Services Team regarding any anomalies that will need to be addressed on Inbound that will have an impact on labor. (i.e. 100% audit, quality inspection, etc.).
- Maintains grid and facility layout and makes recommendations for changes as needed in collaboration with the Supervisor, communicates expectations to team members and monitors the daily performance of their area.
- Gathers information from the transportation providers and Client Service Coordinators, and works with the Supervisor to effectively plan the inbound warehouse floor footprint and prioritize tasks.
- Controls and directs the use of the inbound dock grids, and works closely with the Supervisor to accommodate the needs. Responsible for all record keeping, updating, and tracking of grid action.
- Ensures that goods are located and stored in a safe and efficient manner, and rotated as required.
- Recommends and coordinate product moves for the Supervisor to schedule and implement.
- Performs other duties as requested.
NRI is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Powered by JazzHR