At SSM Health, we know the healing power of presence begins with compassionate employees like you.
As a Cath Lab RN, you’ve chosen a career where patients matter—a lot.
Our mission and values put the patient first and place you in a position to improve each day.
Features and Benefits
This position is within an interventional procedural area. This is a perfect area to work if you have a passion for cardiac patients. At DePaul, you will be involved with a variety of heart programs and doctors that want to expand these programs even more.
The Cath Lab is open M-F with on call rotation required to serve patients in emergent situations.
In return, you can expect a work environment where:
- You will feel valued and respected
- Learn from experienced, dedicated and tenured staff
- Family oriented unit
- Our leadership supports the growth of the staff
- Performs on the Cath Lab procedure team as circulator, scrub, or monitor.
- Performs in holding by ensuring patient is correctly prepped for the procedure. Ensures needed information, such as history and physical (H&P), is timely.
- Utilizes critical judgment to analyze patient assessment and administers medications on all patients, including the critically ill patient and reports abnormal information to the physician in a timely manner.
- Performs hemostasis safely and properly with or without vascular devices.
- Routinely enters patient orders and charges. Checks charges to ensure accuracy.
- Provides care of the critically ill patient with the ability to function independently in a stressful situation.
- Routinely educates patients and families based on assessed needs, documents education provided, and keeps them informed of tests and treatments. Provides clear patient instruction on what to expect during the perioperative procedure.
- Assists families to the cardiology area or cath lab area by escorting when necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- One year registered nurse experience