$15,000 Sign on Bonus available for Day Shifts!
DePaul Hospital is the largest Behavioral Health Services in the St Louis area.
Position is working in our 30 Bed Adult Acute Behavioral Health. In this role you will be working with patients who have the following:
- Aggressive Behavior
- Mood Disorders
1:6 RN: Patient Ratio
In this unit, you will work within a culture of teamwork and a team of professionals that are committed living out SSM Health's mission to serve this population. You will work with a leadership team that is dedicated to your growth in your career.Provides direct patient care to behavioral health patients in accordance with the established policies and procedures of the facility.
- Completes admitting and shift assessments on assigned patients including behaviors; accurately and within time-frame set in policy and procedures.
- Utilizes critical thinking skills and judgement to analyze patient assessment data and notify physician of changes in condition.
- Participates in the development, review and evaluation of multidisciplinary treatment plans as per policies and procedures.
- Documents all nursing care given and adheres to nursing standards and ministry policies and procedures.
- Consistently and accurately implements and records physicians orders.
- Assesses and monitors patients and environment for safety within the unit.
- Serves as a clinical resource and supervises care delivered by LPN's and techs.
- Educates patients and families based on assessed needs and documents education provided in the Electronic Health Record.
- Applies the existing body of evidence-based practice and scientific knowledge in health care to nursing practice, ensuring that nursing care is delivered based on patient’s age-specific needs and clinical needs as described in the department's Scope of Service.
- As an SSM Health nurse, I will demonstrate the professional nursing standards defined in the professional practice model. Uses the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses to guide his/her response to the current and evolving health and nursing needs of our patients and our patient populations.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- No experience required
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral communication.
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication, distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting, gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.