Certified Medical Assistant APP (CVTS-Medford)
Additional Position Details:
For this role, both Certified and non-certified Medical Assistants will be considered. Requirements for each level noted below. Salary is based on years of relevant experience and level of position.Salary:Certified Medical Assistant: Starting at $19.27-$24.09 per hour depending on years of experience and qualifications
Non-Certified Medical Assistant: Starting at $18.10-$22.62 per hour depending on years of experience and qualifications
Asante is more than a great hospital system in an amazing location. We are a community of passionate providers and service-focused caregivers who collaborate to deliver amazing patient outcomes; a place where titles don't matter as much as your creativity, drive, and passion. Our culture, values and people create an environment of sustained medical excellence.
Asante Physician Partners (APP) is a group of top medical professionals working together to provide comprehensive, readily accessible care to patients in Southern Oregon. We collaborate with other healthcare professionals throughout Southern Oregon and Northern California to offer you a full spectrum of quality care close to home, supported by Asante's full range of services and hospitals.
The Medical Assistant for APP assists medical providers and works closely with patients in preparation for examination to provide medical care. Performs routine tests and assists with maintenance and inventory of all medical supplies. Completes paperwork assigned by Provider. Assists front office, surgery scheduling and medical records team as needed. Fields and conducts patient calls as requested, manages in-basket and prepares charts. Enters ancillary service orders and computerized provider order entries (CPOE).
As a Medical Assistant at Asante you will have the opportunity to:
- Work closely with patients to prepare them for their exam to provide medical care, performing routines tests, provide treatment and administer medications
- Utilize clinical and clerical skills inputting ancillary orders into EPIC, coordinate patient referrals, surgery scheduling and assist the front office and medical records team as necessary
- Communicate with staff, physicians, hospital departments, patients, families and community agencies to improve the patient experience
- Create a safe, customer friendly atmosphere to provide the best quality service to our patients and customers
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent experience demonstrating the ability to effectively communicate as needed for the position is required
- BLS: Basic Life Support for the Healthcare Provider certified by American Heart Association (AHA) required upon start date
Certified Medical Assistants must have one of the following upon hire:
- CCMA: Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (NHA)
- NCMA: Nationally Certified Medical Assistant (NCCT)
- CMA: Certified Medical Assistant (AAMA)
- RMA: Registered Medical Assistant (AMT)
Non-Certified Medical Assistants must have:
- Prior direct patient care or related experience and the ability to obtain CCMA or equivalent within 6 months of hire
- Must obtain one of the 4 certifications noted above within 6 months of hire
What We Offer for Full and Part-time Positions
- Competitive starting wage
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, and wellness
- Excellent retirement package with up to 6% employer contribution
- Generous Earned Time Off
- Tuition reimbursement after one year of service
About Asante and Southern Oregon
Asante is a local, community owned and governed, not-for-profit organization that provides comprehensive health care services to more than 550,000 people in a nine-county area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. It includes Asante Ashland Community Hospital in Ashland, Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center in Medford, Asante Three Rivers Medical Center in Grants Pass, Asante Physician Partners throughout the Rogue Valley, and additional health care partnerships. Virtually all medical specialties and services are represented within an organization dedicated to providing exceptional care. With over 5,000 employees, Asante's entities offer outstanding opportunities for career advancement and professional growth. At Asante your work positively impacts your family, friends, neighbors and the community. Experience the difference in how you work, how you live and how you connect.
At Asante we are defined by our values - traits that guide us as we serve patients and the community:
Excellence - Respect - Honesty - Service - Teamwork
Asante is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.