Williamsville Suburban, an innovative skilled nursing facility, specializes in caring for the elderly is seeking an experienced Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON) for our Skilled Nursing Facility. We are looking for an experienced DON to organize and oversee all nursing operations of the facility (of 100 + beds). The ideal candidate will have prior experience in a long term care setting, and experience in training and leading clinical staff. The Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON) helps the Director of Nursing with all nursing tasks. The ADON is responsible for helping with education for all staff members. The ideal candidate will have strong organizational and communication skills. This successful candidate will also have adept interpersonal skills and the ability to manage and empower staff at various levels. Must be knowledgeable in regulatory and infection control compliance. Must be knowledgeable in regulatory and infection control compliance. The ADON must be able to step into different roles to support the overall department.
Ø Extremely competitive salary and excellent opportunity - We are paying a $5,000.00 signing bonus for this position (to be paid upon successful completion of 90 day probationary period).
- Assist the DON with management responsibilities and in maintaining quality of care
- Responsible for Wound/Skin Rounds weekly
- Assist with compliance and ensure effective communication with all levels of nursing staff
- Meet the nursing medical needs of all residents
- Coordinate and direct the total planning for nursing services
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of general nursing theory and practice
- Responsible for the accurate and timely completion of medical records
- Assist with interviewing, hiring and orienting of new nursing staff
- Oversee daily staffing process
- Maintain flexibility with work schedule to address unpredictable needs
- Current New York RN license required
- Min. 3 yrs. exp. in Long-Term Care settings
- Interest in Geriatrics
- 2 years management experience preferred
- 1 year staff education experience preferred
- Excellent Communication Skills required
- Evidence of basic leadership skills and supervision
- Flexible hours required
We are a premier skilled nursing facility located in Erie County, New York. We operate our facility to provide a warm, nurturing environment, which allows each resident to maintain his or her individuality and dignity. Our staff is committed to ensuring the highest quality of life for all our residents. We pride ourselves on our professionalism and are constantly looking to be the best at what we do. Please join us and begin a rewarding and exceptional career.
Williamsville Suburban, considers the health and safety of its residents, family members, and team members as its highest priorities. All offers of employment are conditioned on completing and passing a background and drug test, participating in mandatory vaccine programs (e.g., Covid-19), participating in testing requirements (e.g. Covid-19, TB) and using designated PPE when required.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved