We are looking for a results orientated Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON), with strong leadership interpersonal and communication skills to exercise administrative and functional supervision over nursing personnel as directed by the Administrator. The successful applicant will have strong leadership and supervisory skills, and enjoy working with the elderly.
The Assistant Director of Nursing aides the DON in planning, organizing, developing, and directing the overall operation of the Nursing department to ensure the highest degree of quality resident care in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations and standards.
- Must be currently licensed Registered Nurse (RN). Must maintain an active Registered Nurse (RN) license in good standing throughout employment.
- Must have supervisory experience in a long-term care setting.
- Must have strong leadership skills and be able to lead a team of nursing staff, as well as help foster a team atmosphere with the nursing division
- Must be able to teach and lead by example on all shifts
- Liaisons with residents, families, support departments, etc. to adequately plan for resident needs
- Must be knowledgeable of practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations, and guidelines governing functions in the long term care facility.
- Must have the ability to implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of the department
- Must be very knowledgeable in state reporting and developing and implementing plan of corrections
- Must understand and follow company policies including harassment and compliance procedures
- Displays integrity and professionalism in all things
Job Type: Full-time
Supervisory: 2 years
Nurse Management: 2 years
We are an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.