Job Description :
OPENTEXT - THE INFORMATION COMPANY
The role Cloud Application Engineer/Site Reliability Engineer is to build solutions to enhance availability, performance, and stability of OpenText services as well as automating away repetitive work as part of a cloud dev ops organization.
This role would be a great fit for someone with creative and innovative problem-solving skills. You will develop and implement solutions that operate at scale. Our teams are empowered and expected to improve our products to truly deliver a reliable experience to customers.
You are great at:
Collaborates with Agile squads/developers, sustain and business partners and provides significant contributions to develop specifications to resolve problems, and to address enhancement needs focusing in areas of logging, monitoring and metrics for operational readiness
- Uses technical knowledge, creativity, and company practices to drive down occurrences of incidents through development of proactive monitoring and alerting.
- Provide attention to incidents according to Service Level Agreements.
- Provide continuous feedback to development teams on system stability, defect analysis and system enhancements
- Work with IT business and development partners to gather input to develop new capabilities in displaying/monitoring/alerting on key performance indicators (KPIs) by tracking business transactions (BT) in real-time
- Take ownership and accountability for the incident resolution process, participating in RCA and SWAT investigations.
- Plan for validation and verification of changes deployed by infrastructure teams, development teams.
- Participate in day-to-day real time technical support and troubleshooting on issues reported from user/customer base.
- Establish and maintain a good relationship with team members, Product Development, Product management, Customer Service, Client management and other cross functional teams.
- Participate in training and information sharing activities.
- Act as backup for other team members when necessary.
- Requires rotating shift work as needed.
- On-call rotation is required, as 7x24x365 support is required.
What it takes:
- Deep understanding of Linux systems
- Hands on experience with cloud infrastructure Google, AWS or Azure a plus
- Experience with PaaS technologies such as Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes, Bosh.
- Experience with Continuous delivery tools like Ansible, Rundeck or Argo CD to setup automated pipelines as needed.
- Experience in supporting middle-ware technologies such as Apache, Tomcat, Spring.
- Experience with installing and configuring Apache and Tomcat.
- Deep expertise in Monitoring distributed systems application architectures and the ability to correlate environment conditions and metrics to application events.
- Experience with APM tools such as Newrelic, Dynatrace or AppDyanmics.
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Zabbix or check_mk.
- Strong understanding of ITIL principles, certification is a plus.
- Proven problem solving and analytical ability.
- Excellent organizational/time management skills.
- A proven record of being able to work independently and collaboratively.
Subject to applicable laws and regulations, OpenText's Global Vaccination Policy requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid 19 in order to enter an OpenText office. Accommodations may be available.
Job Description : OPENTEXT - THE INFORMATION COMPANY The Opportunity: The role Cloud Application Engineer/Site Reliability Engineer is to build solutions to enhance availability, performance, and stability of OpenText services as well as automating
Skills: Sr. Cloud Applications Engineer
Experience: 0.00-50.00 Years