Medication Aide | Tech Position Summary:
Provides residents with medication services per the health care orders in regard to administration or assistance with medications and treatments, per State regulation, also provides direct care to residents following their individualized service plans.
Benefits offered Example:
- Paid time off
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance for full-time employees
- Retirement plan options 401k
- FT/PT and on call shifts available
- Paid HCA Training
- Free parking, meals, and a great team!
Responsibilities of the Medication Aide | Tech:
- Resident charts. Keeping documentation current (Community forms, licensing documentation, physician orders, incident reports. etc.)
- Communicate resident status changes.
- Ensure all medication documentation is current and correct, including medication administration forms, physician orders, change of dosages, written orders to confirm telephone orders, etc.
- Ensure the medication room is completely stocked with all required continuous, PRN, over-the- Counter (OTC), and other medications as ordered by the physician.
- Coordinate medication orders and deliveries with pharmacies.
- Follows proper procedure pertaining to incidents/ accidents to the residents.
- Communicate with physicians and other healthcare providers as needed.
- Monitor Psychotropic med use is congruent with physician orders and ensuring resident behaviors actually warrant the use of medication.
- Completes an accurate accounting of all medications, including controlled substances per policy.
- Control medication room access and key assignment.
- Pour, pass, and assist with the administration of medications in accordance with state regulations.
- Coordinate physician and other medical appointments.
- Read all communication notes regarding the community between the Caregiver shifts.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or (GED);
6 months to 1-year related experience preferred and/or training in direct care services with older adults, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge of dementia and Alzheimer’s is a plus, may also require special certification per state regulations.
Special Licenses and other Special Requirements:
Must complete and pass State required Medication Aide/Tech course.
COGIR Management USA delivered the Happy Living brand by listening attentively to the needs of American seniors, their families, and our employees.
Every Happy Living community is a unique and dynamic place, shaped by the residents themselves and led by an empowered on-site executive team. We promote local leadership so decisions are made on-site, quickly, and in the best interests of the community. We are proud of our teams.