Pamplin Media Group
Community Relationship Representative
Do you thrive in an environment of community involvement? Are you someone who’s always telling your friends & family about the newest restaurant or business that’s just opened in town? Do you seem to be the one who knows what events are going on, when they are and all the details, too?
Can you switch modes of operation quickly - from detail-oriented computer tasks to a casual, friendly conversation with a prospective business client and then back again to your co-workers – all while keeping your mind on track & focused?
The Clackamas Review, Oregon City News & Happy Valley News – divisions of Pamplin Media Group – seek an outside sales representative (although we like to think of it as community relationship development) that’s self-motivated, creative, technologically proficient with a desire to succeed to partner with area businesses, and non-profits organizations to serve them through our full line of communications product offerings (print, digital, specialty publications). We are local, digital and have the tools and readers to help businesses succeed!
The qualified candidate will join our sales team and work with the publisher, our ad assistants, and digital and creative teams to serve our communities and advertisers. A locally owned media company, Portland Media Group is committed to local – our readers, our advertisers, and our community. Candidates must be comfortable building client relationships, presenting in-person and written proposals, and offering creative ideas and input for advertising campaign development. Previous sales experience and growing a sales territory is preferred.
- Act as lead for multiple clients, ranging in size, type & industry. Must be comfortable interacting with a variety of people, in a variety of settings and by a variety of means.
- Educate, support, and listen well to clients, supporting their business objectives through alignment with our variety of products and opportunities.
- Work as a cohesive and energetic team player. Communication & respect are valued here; we treat others well & build trust and relationships both inside & outside our office walls.
- Live up to PMG core values and abide by established operating norms.
- Give you the training, tools & resources to do your job well.
- Be flexible in when, how & where you do your work. Granted, there are times when we need to be in front of customers, at community business events & in the office, but this isn’t a standard 9- 5 office gig where you’re sitting at your desk all day. We currently offer hybrid and remote work flexibility.
- Support you in your quest for knowledge and build your skills.
We offer a base salary plus commission, a variety of great benefits including medical and dental, 401K, and expense reimbursement. This is an opportunity where you can control your own future and success, help businesses and impact your community while enjoying what you do.
This position offers an excellent opportunity to join a local, forward-thinking company with a great working environment.