At Flex, we welcome people of all backgrounds. Our employees thrive here by living our values: we support each other as we strive to find a better way, we move fast with discipline and purpose, and we do the right thing always.
Through a respectful, inclusive and collaborative culture, a career at Flex offers the opportunity to make a difference, invest in your career growth and join our purpose -- to make great products that create value and improve people’s lives.
The Buyer Direct will be based in Port Tanjung Pelepas, Gelang Patah,Johor. The position is responsible for Coordinates activities involved with procuring direct materials, components and equipment.
Here is a glimpse of what you’ll do:
· Reviews requisitions and MRP output.
· Confers with vendors to obtain product or service information such as price
availability and delivery schedule.
· Determines method of procurement such as direct purchase.
· Orders, reschedules and cancels material based on requisitions and MRP
· Maintains procurement records such as items or services purchased, costs,
delivery and inventories.
· Manages supplier to price, delivery and quality expectations and escalates
· Approves invoices for payment.
· Expedites delivery of goods to users.
· Analyzes inventory levels. Prepares liability reports for excess and obsolete
· May gather quotations, examine bids, negotiate contracts and make awards.
· May plan, schedule and monitor the movement of materials through the
· Interfaces with suppliers and customers to secure both delivery and the best
· Makes tactical buying decisions. Executes corporate sourcing programs and
purchasing high dollar parts.
· Conducts quarterly supplier reviews.
· Maintains procurement records, reports and metrics.
· Prepares and/or reviews bid requests and negotiates contracts within
budgetary limitations and scope of authority.
· Estimates values according to knowledge of market price.
1) To execute po after MRP run
2) To manage Material fulfillment / Inventory / E&O
3) To manage supplier
Here is some of what you’ll need:
Bachelor with relevant experience
Minimum with 2 to 4 Years working experience in procurement field
Use of the following tools may be required: Office Skills: telephones, word processing, data entry, ten key, spreadsheet (PC), ERP software.
Global Procurement & Supply Chain
Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status, or any other status protected by law. We're happy to provide reasonable accommodations to those with a disability for assistance in the recruitment process. Please advise us of any accommodations you may need by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org .