Location: Tucson, AZ, US, 85756-9279
Who we are…on the surface
MHI RJ Aviation Group (MHI RJ) is the largest MRO provider for the CRJ Series fleet in North America, developed from the merging of two important heritages: Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (MHI) and the CRJ Series program from Bombardier. MHI RJ has the largest operating base of regional aircraft in the world with service centers situated in Bridgeport, WV, Tucson, AZ, and Macon, GA. Yes, we're awesome!
What we do…in a nutshell
We partner with regional airlines (our customers) to provide safe and reliable aircraft services, which in turn allow our customers to connect people to their destinations. MHI RJ provides comprehensive operational, engineering and customer support solutions including maintenance, refurbishment, technical publications, marketing, and sales activities for the global regional aircraft industry. MHI RJ's network of service centers, support offices and parts depots are positioned in important aviation hubs in the U.S., Canada, and Germany. Exciting, isn't it?
What you'll be doing…at the core
- Troubleshoot, repair, inspect, modify and service aircraft avionics, electrical and electronic equipment.
- Perform and document all work per appropriate manuals and regulations as required.
- Troubleshoot and repair components detached from the aircraft, for example, flaps, ailerons, elevators, rudders, doors, and leading edges
- Comply with environmental health / safety policies and procedures
- Assist with mechanical / electrical removals and installations
- May assist with maintenance at off-site locations
- Operate ground support equipment if required
- Transport aircraft for maintenance using tugs as needed
Competitive Hourly Rate
Annual Bonus Plan
401k with Aggressive Company Match
Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
Prescription Drug Benefits
Health and Wellness Program
Health Savings Account
Employee Assistance Program
Company Paid Life Insurance
Identity Protection Coverage
Company Paid Short & Long Term Disability
Join us…here's the why
You obviously have a passion for aviation and want to make valuable contributions with top leaders & customers in the industry - you've landed at the right place for that! At MHI RJ we value your contribution to our team, provide robust benefits for you & your family, and offer career growth. To that end, here's a glimpse of our leading benefits package:
Ready to take this to the next level? Let's review the MHI RJ recruiting checklist…
- Minimum of 1 year avionics work experience or substantiated equivalent experience; corporate jet aircraft / commercial aircraft experience is preferred
- Have a certificate from Avionics / electric A/C Technical School or equivalent military/vendor training is preferred
- Able to read and understand electrical engineering drawings
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal & written) aircraft status
- Own a basic set of hand tools with the ability to demonstrate inventory & control of tools
- Ground Support Equipment Qualifications and/or Engine Run Qualification may be required
- A&P license OR A license is preferred
- GROL (General Radiotelephone Operator License) or AET (Aircraft Electronics Technician) Certificate is preferred
- Comfortable with shift work (12 hours shifts, overnights, weekends, holidays), including nonscheduled overtime
- You could obtain a Security Identification Display Area badge (SIDA), if applicable
- Enjoy working on commercial aircraft, growing professionally and being part of a team passionate about CRJs.
- You have basic PC (computer) skills…you've got this, you made it this far!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, national, or local laws.
We thank you for the interest in a career at MHI RJ and look forward to having you join our community! We know you're excited – so after you submit an application, please monitor your email for future communications from us and be sure to answer your phone when an unknown number appears (or check your voicemail). We look forward to connecting with you!