Commissionaires Great Lakes (CGL) is a private, not-for-profit organization founded in 1925 on a mandate that prioritizes providing meaningful employment for veterans and others committed to the well being of Canadians primarily in security guard and related services. Spanning Central and Southwestern Ontario, our services are customized to respond to the dynamic and evolving security needs of both private and public sector clients. These include uniformed guard, mobile response and support services, by-law enforcement and identification services. We are currently seeking a Recruiter to join our Human Resources Team.
We are seeking a Recruiter, to join our team, who’s responsibilities will be assisting in maintaining a high standard of customer and client relations and the execution of a pro-active recruitment strategy as well as the development of a network of suitable talent to fulfill the organization’s current and future needs. This position requires an individual who will demonstrate a high level of responsibility and professionalism, with excellent communication and organizational skills. The individual must also have the ability to multi-task, work independently and adapt quickly in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Job type: Full-time permanent
- Reports to: Human Resources Business Partner
- Anticipated start date: Immediate
- Salary: Offering a competitive salary based on experience
- Hours of work: 9 am-5 pm, Monday through Friday
- Location: Barrie Branch Office (hybrid in-office and remote work)
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in development of recruiting plans in conjunction with the Operations team.
- Build networks through Community and Associations to assist in finding qualified candidates.
- Coordinate and implement College/University recruiting initiatives, along with attending career fairs.
- Administrative duties and record keeping, which includes all candidate data and information.
- Assist in updating and revisiting position requirements, on the Company database, based on the changing needs of the business.
- Assist in the creation of a recruiting and interviewing plan for each open position.
- Develop a pool of qualified candidates in advance of need.
- Post new positions on job portals, social media and other relevant places.
- Maintain regular contact with possible future candidates.
- Give presentations at Colleges/Universities/Associations, attend student group meetings, and increase awareness of the Company before and after Career Fairs.
- Work closely with Site management and the Operations team in providing suitable candidates.
- Manage applicants, in BambooHR, throughout the entire recruitment process.
- Manage On-Boarding process including Background checks, CQC Packages, Application folder etc.
- Other duties as may assigned.
- A Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in Human Resources and/or related field of study.
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years recruiting experience in a high-volume recruiting environment.
- Proven candidate sourcing and relationship building skills.
- Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Office Programs.
- General knowledge of various Employment laws and Best Practices.
- Excellent communications skills – both written and verbal are a must.
- Attention to detail and process oriented.
- Ability to work with various departments and foster teamwork.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Skills in database management and record keeping.
- Ability to maintain the highly confidential nature of recruiting/human resources work.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- A strong sense of urgency and dedication in meeting deadlines.
- Ability to operate in multitasking, sometimes stressful environment with changing and conflicting priorities.
- Flexibility in work hours as required to meet the demands of a recruiting deadline.
- Health, Drug, Dental and other benefits.
- RRSP contribution.
Working Conditions – Physical
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
We would like to thank all interested candidates for applying. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.