We are looking for a Bagger/Blender for our Whittemore, IA plant.
Weigh, package, label and palletize finished product and Weigh and blend raw materials.
- Check weights of each raw product to be blended
- Accurately blend the raw materials into slurry to be dried
- Report to the Operator/Production Supervisor any possible misblended material or misweighed product done on the shift or on previous shifts
- Keep accurate blend records by posting your initials next to each ingredient that has been checked for type and weight on each blend sheet
- Record finishing time one each sheet
- Maintain equipment; clean inline filters, watch for leaking pumps, liquefiers, pipe fittings, etc.
- Clean the equipment between blends and products as necessary including the glue machine and stenciling machine
- Keep the bagging and blending area as neat and clean as possible
- Account for tools and parts inventory for the area
- Help get the dryers on product by assembling dryers Sunday nights, between products and when problems occur
- Sweep and wash dryers when designated by the Operator
- Help to set up blends when time permits
- Tare the scale at the beginning of each shift
- Package finished product in the prescribed amounts and types of packaging material described on the Bagger's report
- Stencil the package with the proper stencils (lot #, product # and net weight, for example)
- Ensure that the proper labels are affixed to the package
- Palletize the product, maintaining neat and evenly stacked pallets
- Be aware of motor and equipment conditions in the bagging area
- Make sure the product keeps moving through the pneumatic system
- Report any suspected problems to the operator
- Fill out the Bagger's sheet at the end of each shift, report amount of finished product packaged, including dryer, floor and baghouse sweepings
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred and previous experience as bagger preferred in the present manufacturing environment
- Must be able to move 50 to 75 lbs. with consistency
- Loud environment with exposure to powder and heavy equipment in a manufacturing atmosphere
Balchem Corporation develops, manufactures and markets specialty ingredients that improve and enhance the health and well-being of life on the planet, providing state-of-the-art solutions and the finest quality products for a range of industries worldwide. Our corporate headquarters is located in New Hampton, New York, (Hudson Valley area) and we have a broad network of sales offices, manufacturing sites, and R&D centers, primarily located in the US and Europe. Founded in 1967, Balchem is a publicly traded company (NASDAQ – BCPC) with annual revenues over $640 million and a market cap exceeding $3.0 billion. The company consists of three business segments: Human Nutrition & Health; Animal Nutrition & Health; and Specialty Products. Balchem employs over 1,400 people worldwide who are engaged in diverse activities, committed to developing the company into global market leadership positions. To learn more about our dynamic, stable and growing company, visit www.balchem.com
Balchem offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes excellent benefits for you and your family:
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match.
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision Insurance with low premiums
- Life and AD&D Insurance, and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Disability Income Protection Insurance
- Pre-tax HSA and Flexible Spending Plans (Health and Dependent Care)
- Holiday/Vacation/Sick Pay
- Employee Referral Bonuses
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Training and cross-functional training available
- Education assistance program
Balchem is committed to a workplace culture that values and promotes diversity, inclusion, equal employment opportunities, and a work environment free of harassment and hostility.