Currently hiring for a Occupational Therapist for Sacramento, CA with multiple openings.
- Flexible Schedule - schedule your own visits
- Prohealth has 4 office locations servicing the Santa Clara, Contra Costa, Alameda, San Joaquin, and Sacramento area.
About the Company
Prohealth is a locally owned Home Health, Hospice & Palliative Care agency with 4 locations serving over 12 counties in Northern California. We maintain an average daily census of over 1800 patients. Being an industry leader for over 15 years, we pride ourselves in providing exceptional clinical care with compassion to our patients. Our patient focused care model provides personalized care, ranging from nursing, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, and even registered dietitian.
For more information visit our website (http://www.prohealthhomecare.com) or to join our family oriented team with excellent growth opportunities & career advancement, call or email (hr@prohealthhomecare . com)
Occupational Therapist Benefits:
- Competitive pay
- Healthcare Plans (Medical, Vision and Dental)
- Flexible Spending Account
- Educational Assistance (Tuition Reimbursement)
- Leadership Development
- Generous Paid vacation, Sick time and Holiday pay
- Referral bonus
- Performance bonus
The occupational therapist contracted through the organization is responsible for the implementation of standards of care for occupational therapy services and for adherence to all conditions outlined in the Service Agreement.
Occupational Therapist Job Responsibilities:
- Evaluates the patient's functional status (muscle function, endurance, visual coordination, written and verbal communication skills, self care ability, work capacity, etc.). Evaluates home environment for hazards or barriers to more independent living. Identifies equipment needs. Participates in the development of the total plan of care.
- For patients who plan to return to work, the occupational therapist may perform work capacity evaluation and may refer to specialized vocational training in accordance with Organization policy.
- Develops a treatment program and establishes goals for improved function. Communicates plan of care to referring physicians and other Organization professionals.
- May teach new skills or re-train patient in once familiar daily activities that have been lost due to illness or injury, in accordance with Organization policy,
- May fabricate splints and instruct patient in the use of various types of adaptive equipment to improve function,
- May train patient in the use of prosthetic and/or orthotic devices,
- Maintains appropriate clinical records, clinical notes, and reports to the physician any changes in the patient's condition. Submits these records in accordance with Organization policy.
- Maintains contact/communication with other personnel involved in the patient's care to promote coordinated, efficient care,
- Attends and contributes to inservices, case conferences, and other meetings as required by Organization policy to ensure coordinated and comprehensive plans of care for the patients of the Organization.
- Identifies patient and family/caregiver needs for other home health services and refers as appropriate.
- Instructs the patient's family/caregiver and other Organization health care personnel in the patient's treatment regime when indicated and appropriate.
- Supervises Certified Occupational Therapy Assistants according to organization policy and state regulations,
- When therapy is the only skilled service, instructs, supervises and evaluates home health aide care every two (2) weeks.
- Participates in discharge planning for patients.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: Occupational Therapist Qualifications:
- Graduate of an occupational therapy curriculum accredited jointly by the Committee on Allied Health Education and Accreditation of the American Medical Association and the American Occupational Therapy Association.
- Registered with the National Registration Examination of the American Occupational Therapy Association.
- Two years of clinical experience as an occupational therapist.
- Current BLS/CPR certification
- Valid CA Driver’s license
FULL-TIME/PART-TIME: Full-Time and/or Part-Time
LOCATION: Sacramento, CA
EOE STATEMENT: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.