Ever Well Health is growing, and we are searching for a detailed and compassionate Medication Services Assistant, with at least one year of experience in a mental health setting. The Medication Services Assistant provides medication support and assistance, ensuring medications are safely stored and provided to residents with mental illness according to physician orders. We've made a commitment to provide superior care through thoughtful and empathetic treatment, for adults experiencing significant mental or emotional issues. If you feel passionate about our mission and meet the requirements below please apply. Let's be leaders in the field together!
REPORTS TO: Medication Services Manager
SCHEDULE: Sunday-Thursday, Tuesday-Saturday, Friday-Monday
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES What You Will Do"
- Providing medications to residents according to the five rights The right patient, the right drug, the right dose, the right route, and the right time.
- Record medication provision, observe, monitor, take appropriate actions regarding desired and side effects, interactions and contraindications associated with the medication
- Able to transcribe doctor's orders onto the MAR correctly.
- Performs proper documentation of medication administering.
- Receive, log, store, and dispose of centrally-stored medications.
- Knows how to use appropriate technique in obtaining and/or recording: blood pressure, temperature, pulse, respirations, blood glucose monitoring and O2 saturation.
- Always maintain resident confidentiality and abide by Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA) rules and regulations.
- Assists residents in seeking and/or receiving medical care. Performs first aid as needed.
- Checks for proper medication order; documents medications; obtains required consents; reviews medications to ensure they have not exceeded the expiration date.
- Implements resident medications support systems, including maintenance of medicine supply and upkeep of medical equipment and ensure compliance with applicable health and safety or other regulatory requirements.
- Assist residents in following their Restricted Health Condition Care Plan.
- Performs and follows Title 22 Policies and Regulations on Proper Medication Handling.
REQUIRED – EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- High School Diploma, or G.E.D. One (1) year of general experience handling medications AND one (1) year working full-time in a residential facility required;
- One (1) year caring for adults experiencing mental health or substance use issues.
- Additional education in human services or healthcare will be considered and is preferred.
REQUIRED - CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES
- Must be able to demonstrate previous work experience at a facility licensed by the California Department of Social Services Community Care Licensing Program (CCL) or the Department of Health Care Services (DHCS).
- Special Requirements: Must be able to meet and receive a criminal records clearance as required by Title XXII, licensing regulations. This includes a federal FBI and state DOJ clearance.
- Valid driver's license
- DMV pull program
- First Aid Certificate & CPR
REQUIRED – PHYSICAL
- A health screening, by or under the direction of a physician must have been performed not more than one year prior to employment or within seven (7) days after employment.
- Health screening must include TB clearance not more than one year prior to employment or within seven (7) days after employment.
- Must be physically able to assist residents and/or staff in the evacuation of program facility in emergency situations. Must be able to administer first aid in an emergency.
- The following are required in day-to-day performance of the duties of this position: Walking, Sitting, Pinching and Finger Flexion, and Visual/Auditory Acuity are required constantly (over 2/3 of the workday); Lifting, Carrying, Pushing, Pulling, Bending, Stooping, Crouching, Kneeling and Twisting are required occasionally (under 1/3 of the workday). Balancing, Climbing and Crawling are generally not required.
REQUIRED - EQUIPMENT
- Fax Machine, PC Computer, and Multi-Line Phone
Job Type: Full-time