McGill Associates provides a full array of engineering, land planning, and consulting services to public and private clients in eastern Tennessee, North Carolina, and southeast Virginia. McGill supports a healthy work/life balance and offers a variety of schedules and workplace options including hybrid and compressed schedules. *We are currently seeking highly motivated candidates for an Engineering Technician position on our Water / Wastewater Team in Pinehurst, NC.*
We recognize that compensation, benefits, and paid time off can help our employees maintain a healthy work/life balance. McGill is proud to offer flexible and hybrid schedules, competitive salary and bonuses, health, dental, and vision insurance, flexible spending accounts, disability and group term life insurance, and a safe harbor 401(k) match. We also encourage our employee's professional development by paying for license renewals and professional fees or memberships, along with providing tuition assistance.
As an Engineering Technician, you will assist in the preparation of design drawings, plans, specifications, supporting documents and permit applications for a variety of water / wastewater and other projects. You will use computer assisted engineering and design software to prepare engineering and design drawings and documents on a regular basis. You will also assist in the preparation of reports, maps, drawings, tests, and aerial photographs to plan and design projects.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Use computer assisted engineering and design software (i.e. AutoCAD, Civil 3D, etc.) to prepare engineering and design drawings and documents on a regular basis.
- Assist in the development of probable construction cost estimates for projects within the department.
- Assist in the analysis of reports, maps, drawings, tests, and aerial photographs to plan and design projects.
- Prepare design computations and quantity estimates.
- Perform design of portions of projects under direction of Project Engineer.
- Assistin the preparation of reports, specifications, plans, construction schedules and permits for projects.
- Serves on Committees and Teams as requested by management.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a high school/GED diploma and 5 years of experience or an Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school and 3 years related experience or a Bachelor's degree.
- Valid North Carolina driver's license.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD Civil 3D preferred.
- Proficiency in commonly used computer software (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Possess strong interpersonal skills.
McGill Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. We conduct pre-employment drug screens and background, credit, and motor vehicle checks in accordance with all federal and state statutes. We will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship. All McGill Associates' facilities comply with the American with Disabilities Act. Persons with hearing and/or speech impairments may contact McGill Associates by dialing 711 to access the State Relay Service for TTY/TDD. Candidates with limited English proficiency may discuss employment opportunities with the help of an interpreter by calling 828.252.0575.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as needed to meet the ongoing needs of the firm.