Thank you for your interest in the career opportunities at Bellingham Marine. We accept applications for all open positions. To be considered, applicants must meet the basic job qualifications listed for each position.
Applicants must complete an application by selecting the Apply Now button for any position for which they feel they are qualified.
To request a reasonable accommodation, in the application process please email email@example.com.
Come join an industry leader!
Bellingham Marine is seeking a Construction Project Engineer in Dana Point, CA!
Enjoy a competitive salary, profit sharing, generous PTO and holiday schedule, 401k with employer contribution, and a full suite of health care benefits. You'll work in a team-oriented environment that puts safety first, including Covid-19 protocols.
Location: Dana Point, CA
Assists the Division Project Managers in the direction & coordination of construction activities of Bellingham Marine's Southwest Division to obtain optimum efficiency and economy of operations and maximize profits by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors and employees. From time to time, will be required to travel and act as an onsite Project Manager and take responsibility for specific projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages Customer and project expectations and approvals through project documentation, meeting minutes and submittals.
- Manages multiple manufacturing and construction projects at any given time.
- Mentors and instructs Project Engineers in Bellingham Marine procedures and standards.
- Studies and reviews drawings and specifications to plan procedures for construction on basis of starting and completion times and on staffing requirements for each phase of construction.
- Assists the Project Manager in the preparation of pricing, locating and qualifying local contractors and other activities necessary to prepare fixed price proposals across all Divisional Projects
- Coordinates members of organization and Project Teams (supervisory, clerical, drafting, and manufacturing) throughout the project.
- Prepares orders for procurement of tools and materials to be delivered at specified times to conform to work schedules.
- Confers with supervisory personnel and subcontractors engaged in planning and executing work procedures, interpreting specifications, interpreting contract requirements and coordinating various phases of construction to prevent delays.
- Confers with supervisory and engineering personnel and inspectors and suppliers of equipment, tools and materials to resolve construction problems and improve construction methods.
- Inspects work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications and the adherence to construction schedules.
- Prepares and submits to the Project Manager reports on progress, materials used, and costs, and adjusts work schedules as indicated by reports.
- Coordinates with customers, engineers and/or inspectors for the generation and submission of applications for payment.
- Maintains and generates project documentation which records contract compliance; documents changes to the work; prepares, negotiates and administers changes to the contract; notifies parties to the contract of changes (i.e. via change orders); notifies parties to the contract of disputes; secures authorization for additional work; and resolves other project related issues.
- Assists in the Company safety program relating to all project site activities and ensures effective loss control procedures are implemented.
- Other duties as assigned.
BMI offers a competitive wage and benefits package; wage is dependent upon experience
For full job description please select this link.
Bellingham Marine is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex or age.
Bellingham Marine is a Drug Free Work Place.
To request a reasonable accommodation for the application process please email firstname.lastname@example.org.