We have an exciting opportunity to join the Connexus Energy Technology Department as an IT Programmer. The professional in this role will be responsible for translating program specifications into actionable computer code. This includes writing, coding, testing, and analyzing software programs and application, in addition to training staff in their customized programs, troubleshooting, and issue resolution.
Based in the city of Ramsey, Connexus Energy is Minnesota’s largest electric distribution cooperative, providing electricity, renewable energy alternatives and related services to 141,000+ residential and commercial members just north of the Twin Cities. We offer a work environment with challenging and rewarding work, which provides for professional development and work-life balance in a highly technical, stable, and innovative industry. We give back to the communities we serve by embracing opportunities to volunteer, donate and support economic development. Our talented and friendly staff focuses on achieving our mission of providing the highest quality service at the lowest possible price.
Key Responsibilities and Results
- Research issues and analyze potential solutions for performance issues
- Design, run and monitor software performance tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging.
- Translate program performance expectations documents into logical programming sequence and ultimately, into code
- Perform trial runs in later coding stages and modify any existing and potential issues.
- Document control language for advanced troubleshooting reference documents.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology, programming skills, hardware, and applications.
- Consistently write, translate, and code software programs and applications according to specifications.
- Write programming scripts to enhance functionality and/or performance of applications as necessary.
- Administer critical analysis of test results and deliver solutions to problem areas.
- May evaluate and test new or modified software programs and software development procedures
- Serve as technical resource on maintaining established applications, and assist with programming on implementations and operational support
- Maintains established applications using defined procedures.
- Applies and troubleshoots vendor supplied upgrades; follows established methods for integrating or interfacing multiple applications.
- Assists in developing application modifications to enhance functionality; creates and updates documentation for applications and may provide training to users on new or changed processes.
Required Education, Experience, Skills, and Talents
- Bachelors level degree in computer science, information systems, or software engineering and at least 2 years related experience, or associates level degree and 4+ years related experience.
- Understanding of coding methods and best practices
- Experience with C, C++, SQL, and Web Services (Python and Java a plus)
- Flexible and adaptable
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to conduct research into software-related issues and products
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Keen attention to detail
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks timely and efficiently
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
The application review process will begin immediately and continue until filled.
Compensation: This position offers a competitive salary and an attractive benefits package including medical, dental, life, disability insurance, 401(k) with generous company match, PTO plan and paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, and more.
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.