Maintenance Technician II - 2nd shift
Mansfield, TX, USA
Req #: 1711
We are growing! Klein Tools make great products with the highest of standards. We value Quality, Customer Obsession, Innovation, Teamwork and Ownership. These five distinguishing values define our company's culture and how we operate as an organization. We believe that these values set our business above others in our industry. At Klein Tools, you have the opportunity to forge your career with an iconic brand to drive your future!
There has never been a better time to join Klein Tools!
This is a 2nd shift role Mon - Thu
Klein Tools is offering a $2,000 sign on bonus and $1.00 shift differential!
The Maintenance Technician II is responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing at least three types of machine equipment. This position will minimize machine downtime and unplanned breakdowns by performing preventive maintenance work, completing repairs in a timely manner, and implementing maintenance process improvements. This position will conduct safety inspections on equipment and comply with all safety rules and regulations while performing work.
- Maintain and repair manufacturing equipment, processes, and systems on at least three types of machine equipment, which may include mechanical, hydraulics, pneumatics, or electrical.
- Diagnose machine malfunctions, disassemble and determine extent of repairs necessary, estimate labor time, purchase or make repair parts, and conduct, test, and release repairs.
- Perform preventive maintenance operations including inspecting drives, motors, and belts, check fluid levels, replace filters, worn parts, and clean and lubricate machinery.
- Monitor safety standards and complete scheduled inspections for all machines.
- Maintain and repair the facility, which may include utility, plumbing, HVAC, electrical, carpentry, and masonry.
- Assist with installation of capital equipment and electrical wiring systems in a safe, timely, and competent manner.
- Perform painting, sheet metal work, welding as needed.
- Implement and maintain the electronic asset management and maintenance record keeping systems.
- Prepare project plans and project status reports, as required.
- Coordinate and supervise contracted work.
- Keep work area in clean and orderly condition, complying with established 6S standards.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED and five (5) years experience in manufacturing equipment repair are required. Full working knowledge in troubleshooting and repair of three types of machines, which may include mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, or electrical, is required. Experience with EMaint maintenance work order system is preferred.
- Must have basic math and computer skills. Ability to weld, fabricate, repair, and install equipment. Ability to learn, problem solve, and make decisions per work instructions and documents. Ability to communicate and work as a team member. Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand basic English.
Regularly required to stand, walk, bend, and lift; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; The employee is occasionally required to sit, reach above shoulders, climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must lift and/or move objects up to 70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
DISCLAIMER: This position may include exposure to radio frequencies that may be dangerous to individuals with a pacemaker, consult with your doctor.
Klein Tools provides a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
401(k) Company Match
Shared Cost Medical & Dental
Education Reimbursement Program
Employee Discount Program
Klein Tools is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. For candidates with disabilities and needing assistance, please email us at email@example.com.
- Job Family Maintenance
- Job Function Plant
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Indirect Labor - Mid Level Role