If you care about the environment and want to do work that improves our planet, consider joining our team as a Project Manager for our Military Munitions Response Program! For over 46 years, Bay West LLC (Bay West) has been a recognized leader delivering Environmental Solutions nation-wide and we’re proud of our stellar safety programs and records. We’re a unique mix of expertise & strong tenured employees in the following services: Environmental Consulting, Engineering, Emergency Response, and Waste Management for a mixed portfolio of Federal, State, Municipal, & Industrial/Commercial clients.
The Contracts Specialist III reports to the Senior Contracts Manager and will provide contract, subcontract, procurement, and operational support to both the Federal Program and Commercial Program, with a high level of interaction with the Manager of FP&AR. Responsibilities include cradle to grave management and administration of both Prime and Commercial contracts, subcontracts, procurement, compliance, and risk management. while coordinating with designated stakeholders.
- Maintains contract/subcontract and procurement files in accordance with company policies and FAR/DFAR requirements, monitoring and maintaining contractual documents for the entire contract lifecycle and identifying process improvements to the workflow and reporting
- Builds strong relationships with internal business owners to understand product and service requirements to develop and execute subcontracts.
- Supports, prepares, and administers vendor agreements and related documents (PSA, joint venture agreements, teaming agreements, Non-Disclosure Agreements, MOUs) including the review of Prime contract terms and conditions and ensuring their proper flow down, and the facilitation and/or support of negotiations.
- Acts as a liaison between internal business units and the vendor representative.
- Supports the vendor due diligence and evaluation process.
- Aids with new vendor implementations and transitions and ensures all terms of the subcontract are met.
- Supports proposals for the Federal and Commercial Programs
- Assists in developing and updating contract/subcontract and procurement templates, policies, and procedures
- Performs annual, periodic, and all other auditing and reporting functions necessary to meet both contractual and government compliance
- Participates in contract kickoffs (internal & external), contract reviews, internal contract audits, and contract closeout meetings while collaborating with Federal & Commercial Programs, Finance, Operations, senior management, and customer personnel
- Reviews and resolves contracting/subcontracting and procurement issues, including satisfaction of legal requirements, company, and customer objectives
- Supports customer contracts/awards (e.g., FFP, T&M, IDIQ, Cost Reimbursable, MSA) including execution of customer contracting, modifications, work orders, purchase orders and ongoing compliance (e.g., certificates, new mandates)
- Participate as needed on special projects
- Supports insurance renewals and ongoing reporting requirements
- Provides back up support for Sr Contract Manager
- Business Acumen - Ability to grasp and understand business concepts and issues
- Communication – Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Conflict Resolution - Ability to deal with others in an antagonistic situation
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems
- Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures
EDUCATION, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Education: Bachelor's degree in related field preferred; relevant experience may be considered in lieu of required education
- Adept knowledge of FAR/DFAR and other government contracts regulations
- 7+ years’ experience in government contracting (FAR/DFAR) including terms & conditions, NDAs, equitable adjustments, termination, government property, government contract closeout requirements
- 4+ years’ experience in Subcontract administration and Procurement.
- Certifications & Licenses: NCMA membership and/or related professional certifications
- Experience working cross-functionally across business groups
- Must have strong attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Must have significant proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Experience in Deltek Costpoint/Microsoft Dynamics/Concur/Sharepoint / Enterprise BI is a plus.