JOB TITLE: Bar Tender & Bar Server
REPORTS TO: Bar Service Leader, Manager, Manager on Duty
DIRECT REPORTS: None
- Sick Leave (earned based on local/state/federal compliance mandates, by location)
- Commuter Benefits
- Discounted meals at all other company-owned restaurants
- Competitive hourly wage + tips
KEY AREAS OF PERFORMANCE
- Service Excellence in Hospitality, Bar/Beverage Programs, and Food Service
- Making Beverages with consistency and quality
- Knowledge of worldly alcohol brands and flavors
- Point of Sale knowledge
- Public Relations (consistent interaction with guests)
- Financial Reporting (end of shift check outs)
- Kitchen/Service Support
- Special Events
- Maintenance/Cleanliness of Restaurant
- This position does not have any direct reports and does not supervise anyone
- Position will be required to participate in restaurant operations (prolonged periods of standing, walking and/or assist with food production or service) during critical operational demands.
- The environment within the restaurant may be subject to extreme heat and wet, slippery floors, particularly in the food production area. Care must be exercised to wear appropriate attire such as skid resistant shoes.
The job description below is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employees assigned to this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or tasks which may be required to be performed in this position.
The company may amend, change, or modify the responsibilities and duties of this position to meet business needs as necessary.
This job description does not constitute a contract for employment and may be changed at the discretion of Company Leadership with or without notice.
Responsible for overall performance of Bar/Beverage Operations in the Restaurant. The Bartender is responsible for increasing sales and profits through service excellence in hospitality. The Bartender will collaborate with internal and external partners (staff and guests) to ensure the complete satisfaction of guests at the restaurant. The Bartender contributes to the planning, organization, and training necessary to achieve restaurant objectives in guest satisfaction, increased sales, managed costs, employee retention, communication and awareness, food quality, and compliance.
The Bartender consistently demonstrates, as well as notifies management to enforce, company policies, practices, and procedures.
At least 1 year Bartending experience in a restaurant, hospitality setting preferred
Demonstrated success in service excellence, customer service, beverage/food service hospitality
Knowledge of OSHA and EEOC regulations, restaurant/food safety procedures
Point of Sale (POS) knowledge/skills preferred
Ability to successfully perform all job duties of the Bartender role
Food Safety/Food Handler certification required
Strong organizational skills with excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate with guests, staff, and management.
Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, in the English language
Possesses basic math skill (add, subtract, multiply, divide)
Places a value on diversity, community, and shows respect for others
Proven ability to problem solve and handle high stress situations
Must be prepared to multitask in accordance with the demands of the business
Ability to identify and anticipate opportunities and implement corrective action steps
Ability to work weekends, holidays, and evenings