· Complete Feed Trials with customerso Partner with Product Sales Representative and the Spikes Sales Support Specialist to develop a feed trial plan with customero Track progress/outcome of feed trial
· Product Knowledge Researcho Research the products that we have in storeo Partner with Sales Representative to learn more about the products they represent o Attend any virtual or in person trainings/seminars offered by different brands
· Increase and develop social media presence o Develop a minimum of three Facebook Live videos throughout internshipo Partner with Marketing Department to further develop the Spikes and Houles Social Media platform.
· Gain Retail Experience o Work within the retail location to develop knowledge of feed store operations, including cashiering, customer engagement, stocking and rotating, and seasonal change over. o Assist with in-store live chick sales
· End of Internship presentation to present knowledge gained and benefits of internship experience Required Qualifications· Junior or Senior in college· Areas of study including but not limited to Agribusiness, Veterinarian Studies, or related degree working towards Bachelors, Associate or Certificates are acceptable.· Ability to prioritize and perform tasks efficiently.· Exceptional analytical, organizational and communication skills.· Problem-solving ability. Physical Requirements:While performing duties of job, employee is required to stand, and walk for long periods of time, sit, bend, kneel; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk, hear, and be able to read documents and computer screens.
Gertens participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.