As a print solutions provider specializing in high profile and award winning books, Worzalla has crafted and printed quality books for more than a century. And over the past few years, books sales have soared even higher as people have rediscovered a love for reading!
To ensure our quality books make it into the hands of millions and millions of readers around the world, we are now hiring production team members in our finishing/bindery department for day shifts! Internally, this role is known as Operator I.
Continue reading to learn more about becoming an employee owner in a company that will invest in you and your future in a great manufacturing setting!
- Assist operators with basic set-up tasks on the production line
- Feed materials into various book binding and finishing machines
- Take books off production line
- Check quality of finished product
- Stack and/or carton books in our warehouse
- Think and act like an employee owner by being safety-minded, quality-focused, customer-centered, a positive leader, and an awesome team member.
- Training program
- Career advancement opportunities
- Educational assistance
- Idea implementation system for associates
- Clean, safe, and ergonomic-focused work environment
- Shareholder meetings to learn about the business and our results
- Organized activities to support the community
- Health insurance plans to meet your needs:
- Option 1: $2,000 individual/$4,000 family deductible; 80% co-insurance; $85/month single, $141/month associate +1; $197/month family
- Option 2: $4,000 individual/$8,000 family deductible; 80% co-insurance; $59/month single; $88/month associate + 1; $117/month family
- Up to $1,125 contribution from Worzalla into health savings account
- 100% employer paid dental insurance for associate and their family
- 100% employer paid vision insurance for associate and their family
- Seven paid holidays: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day
- Paid time off (PTO): Earn up to 32 hours with perfect attendance during your first 90 days. Receive 104 hours in your first full year. Additional PTO awarded based on years of service.
- 100% employer paid basic life insurance equal to 1x annual base earnings
- 100% employer paid short-term disability
- 100% employer paid long-term disability
- Voluntary additional, spouse, and dependent life insurance
- 401K with discretionary match
- Funeral leave
- Employee assistance program
- Employee stock ownership plan: Designed to make each team member an employee owner by allocating shares to them. Upon retirement/separation from the Company, the shares are purchased back from the employee owner, who then receives payments in accordance with the ESOP.
- Referral bonus program
- Peer-to-peer recognition and reward
- Fun events and celebrations throughout the year such as Worzallapalooza--a month long celebration of our employee owners that includes daily drawings for prizes ranging from $25 to $500 plus amazing grand prizes.
- On-site health clinic staffed by RN and NP
- Annual wellness program with quarterly wellness campaigns. Great wellness incentives such as a Peloton, Bowflex weights, travel vouchers, and more!
- And this is a big one--profit sharing bonus! When the company does well, so do you. Annual profit sharing bonuses for production associates range from a couple of hundred bucks to a few thousand.
- No experience required
- Ability to perform repetitive, manual, and physical tasks requiring bending, twisting, turning and lifting
- Ability stand for entire shift
- Basic math skills
- Ability to pass pre-placement exam and pre-employment drug screen
- Ability and desire to think and act like an employee owner (see Your Responsibilities above)
- If you're ready for the responsibilities, opportunities, and rewards that come with employee ownership, we want to talk with you!
- Click the Apply button to submit your application for consideration.
- Watch your email for additional communication.
Worzalla is among America’s most respected book manufacturing companies, with a wonderful 125+ year history. Each and every day we have the opportunity to work with the most distinguished book publishers in the world. Our goal is to have a positive impact in carrying out our mission and never lose sight of our responsibility. We maintain our customer focus and our passion for making physical books a reality. We believe in the importance of literacy, education and the spread of knowledge. We recognize the power of ideas and the value of creativity.
At Worzalla, it really does start with our people. That's another great part of working with Worzalla--you will work with great people. Our team members are a big part of our product. Their work ethic. Their commitment. Their talent. They are why our customers love us.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.