Project Supervisor - Design
Perrysburg, OH 43551
Please note: This position can work fully remotely, but new hires may be required to come to our home office in Perrysburg, OH for initial orientation/training and for purposeful engagement in the future.
Are you searching for a career that not only challenges you but also makes a real difference for millions of people? Sigma employees work closely with our nation's utilities every day, doing the field, drafting, and design work needed to build, maintain, and improve the country's telecommunications and power networks. We are looking for confident, hard-working people who like hands-on learning. If you want to work in a supportive team environment based on strong values, visit our webpage to learn more about us. If Sigma sounds like a fit and you think you are up to the challenge, apply with us!
We work hard to offer our associates comprehensive and affordable benefits to help them stay healthy, happy, and secure including:
- Consumer-directed health plans, including both low deductible and high deductible options and a Health Savings Account (HSA). Depending on the plan the company may contribute up to 80% of the plan premium
- Dental & Vision Plans
- Company-paid life insurance
- Voluntary Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with matching contributions up to 5% of salary
- Six Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation and Personal Time Off
- Education and Professional Licensing Assistance Programs
Project Supervisors are responsible for one or more of the following areas on a specific project/program: Functional Performance, Project Reporting, and/or Personnel Performance. Project Supervisors demonstrate technical expertise and leadership and should be familiar with the commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures in electrical and/or civil engineering environments, preferably in the utility industry, and be able to rely on their experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Supervisors are expected to be able to recommend new and/or improvements to documentation and implement approved changes. While their focus is on the assigned project functions, the failure of their team/area to achieve objectives will impact overall project/program deadlines and results.
The Project Design Supervisor:
- Provides first-level leadership: Supervises and leads a team or functional activities daily
- Concurrently performs the work of those they supervise
- Provides support to key duties of the Project Manager / Project Engineer
- Assists in the process to review function/project procedures, specifications, and standards
- Works with Project Engineer to set priorities for a team to ensure task completion; coordinates work activities for team members.
- Provides cross-functional representation
- Mentor team members in professional development
- Responsible for performance management of team members
- Complete and deliver annual performance reviews for assigned staff
- Provides input on disciplinary actions
- Adapts management to changing conditions and supports associates affected by the change.
- Education or Experience: High School Diploma or equivalent required, Associates degree or higher is preferred, and 3+ years of demonstrated experience in the Electric or Telecom Utility Industry; management may consider other education and/or work experience to be acceptable for appointment to this position.
- Advanced field, drafting, and/or design knowledge
- Identified leadership skills
- Familiar with basic concepts, practices, and procedures used in general management of specific function(s)
- Strong technical knowledge and skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to develop plans and organize work to ensure efforts are focused, resources are aligned, progress is monitored, and targets are met.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work within a team, establishing and sustaining relationships with colleagues and employees at all levels in the company
- Basic financial skills to assist in making sound business decisions
- Ability to learn and operate customer based proprietary software and other computer systems to expedite and facilitate the work order process
- Able to work in all weather conditions
- Is available during the core work hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and occasional evening and weekend work may be required as duties demand.
- Willing and able to travel as needed, including overnight travel
- Dependable transportation and valid driver's license and insurance
- Able to pass a background check/drug test/driving record check
- Computer literate – especially Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Outlook
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Must be able to endure frequent, lengthy periods of sedentary work and sit for prolonged periods of time, including sitting at a desk or driving in a vehicle.
- Must be able to utilize a computer keyboard, computer monitor, and telephone for prolonged periods of time.
- Must have the physical ability to perform activities such as preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing notes, and viewing a computer terminal; these activities require close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must have the physical ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word and convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, often in a group setting.
- Must have the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
This job advertisement should not be interpreted as all-inclusive. It is intended to identify the major responsibilities and requirements of a job. The individual may be required to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this description.
This advertisement does not constitute an employment agreement between Sigma and the employee and is subject to change by Sigma as the needs of the organization and/or the requirements of the function change.
Pay is commensurate with experience and education. Sigma is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate based on an employee's race, color, gender, sexual preference, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran/military status, or any other classification protected by law.