Collaborative Care Psychiatric Provider
Collaborative Care Associate Director
Collaborative Care Psychiatric Provider Job purpose
The collaborate care psychiatric provider supports the collaborative care team—primary care provider, patient, —through regular consultation on an assigned caseload of patients. The psychiatrist reviews/maintains existing or updates psychiatric treatment strategies, while also providing the care team with educational support on diagnosing and managing behavioral health conditions.
Collaborative Care Psychiatric Provider Duties and responsibilities
- Provide regularly scheduled (usually weekly) caseload consultation to CoCM team. Case review consultations focus primarily on patients who are new to the caseload or who are not improving as expected under their current treatment plan. Case reviews may be conducted by telephone, video, or in person.
- Work with CoCM team to oversee the status and population health of their assigned patient caseload. The psychiatric nurse practitioner uses a registry to track all assigned patients and prioritize patients for case review and treatment adjustment. Document in-person and telephone encounters in the registry and use the system to identify and re-engage patients. Registry functions can be accomplished through a care track registry spreadsheet used in conjunction with the electronic health record system that may or may not be linked to an EHR.
- Update psychiatric treatment plans through the case review process or in ad hoc consultations as necessary.
- Advise on treatment for patients who may need more intensive or more specialized mental health care, supporting treatment in the medical setting until patients can be engaged in specialized care as appropriate.
- Be available to provide consultation to primary care and behavioral health providers for very complex patients or challenging patient situations upon request.
- Direct evaluation of patients with significant diagnostic or therapeutic challenges who are identified in discussion with the patient’s behavioral health therapist and/or primary care provider. Such consultation may be provided in person or via telemedicine (video or telephone).
- Development and delivery of in-service training for primary care-based providers and staff regarding recognition and treatment of behavioral health conditions in primary care.
Equality and diversity
- Identify patterns of discrimination and act to overcome this and promote diversity and equality of opportunity
- Enable others to promote equality and diversity in a non-discriminatory culture
- Support people who need assistance in exercising their rights
- Act as a role model in the observance of equality and diversity good practice
- Assist patients from marginalized groups to access quality care
Collaborative Care Psychiatric Provider Qualifications
- Licensed psychiatrist
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively in a team setting
- Excellent communication skills
- Positive, flexible, and solution-focused attitude
- Ability to quickly synthesize medical and psychiatric data and formulate effective and evidence- based clinical recommendations
- Board-eligible in psychiatry, licensed to practice medicine in the State of Fl (MD or DO)
- Experience with primary care psychiatry or consultation-liaison psychiatry
The Collaborative Care Psychiatrist will be thoroughly committed to the organization’s mission. This person should consider themselves integral to espousing the 26HealthServices brand and ensure all patients are receiving concierge-level patient care. All candidates should possess or can master Microsoft Office Platforms, E-Clinical Works Electronic Medical Record and attention to detail. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Work as a self-starter and under little direction on tasks provided by leaders. Be forward thinking on tasks and proactive in dealing/managing challenges and/or obstacles.
Collaborative Care Psychiatrist Total Rewards
- 26Health contributes 75% of the Employee only premium for Health Coverage. Family members may be added at the full premium to the employee.
- 26Health contributes 100% of the Employee only premium for Dental and Optical Coverage. Family members may be added at the full premium to the employee.
- 26Health contributes 100% of Short-Term Disability & Long-Term Disability Coverage
- Life Insurance valued at $100,000.00 is available for all employees upon hiring
- Employees are eligible for 403b investments immediately with company match
- 120 Annual PTO Hours
- 13 Paid Holidays
Collaborative Care Psychiatrist Working conditions
Ability to work in an office setting. Ability to sit for extended periods. Ability to work at a computer for extended periods of time.
Collaborative Care Psychiatrist Physical requirements
There are no extreme physical requirements for this position.
Collaborative Care Psychiatrist Direct reports