We have a great opportunity for a Solar Commissioning Engineer to join our highly successful Energy business; primarily supporting our solar and renewable energy projects.
Bouygues Energies & Services design, install and commission large scale solar PV farms for our clients. Supplying renewable energy from solar power plants enables local communities to reduce costs and reduce their carbon footprint. It also means they can provide off-grid power in remote areas that can be sold back to the grid or used locally at a cheaper price than grid-supplied energy.
- Ensuring that all work is carried out to contract specifications with regard to the quality of work, time scales, costs and is authorised and documented in accordance with company procedures
- Planning resource appropriately to ensure maximum utilisation of human resource (including travel costs and time) and minimise cost of materials and equipment to provide a cost-effective service
- Ensuring that all members of staff directly or indirectly employed under your direction carry out their duties in a safe manner, in compliance to the companies Health and Safety Policy and in particular that of any site specific risk assessment
- Being responsible for the consistent project delivery including robust, high-quality services through management of the operational teams
- Implementing BYES corporate strategies, especially in the context of financial performance (profitability, overhead minimisation, positive cash flow, improved financial ratios, etc.)
- Being responsible for contractual performance in line with approved budgets, key performance indicators, performance monitoring systems, output specifications and contractual requirements
- Attend senior management meetings and client meetings as Project lead
- Effectively managing supply chain to the project in a cost-effective way
- Building and maintaining partnership relationships with the client representatives and managers
- Recruiting, developing, and motivating operational staff to maintain the highest standards of professionalism and customer service and efficient delivery
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, experience, and qualifications:
- Previous project management experience within utility-scale ground mounted solar PV
- Experience in reviewing drawings, specifications, scopes
- Previous exposure to H&S, budget and programme responsibility
- Qualified at HNC level; relevant industry training (SMSTS, CDM, IOSH)
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to deal with client, supply chain and employees
- Self-motivated with a proactive approach to problem solving and the ability to multi-task
- Flexible approach to working, willing to travel; full driving licence
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
- Generous holiday allowance
- Private Health Care
- Car allowance
- Flexible working opportunities
- Company share scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Employee assistance programme (Private GP Appointments, Legal support, Counselling)
- Non contractual bonus
- Access to LinkedIn training
- Access to Bouygues Management Academy
Why Bouygues E&S Solutions?
- Bouygues Energies & Services Solutions (BYES) is an international business operating in over 25 countries and employing over 13,500 people. The company is part of the Bouygues Group - a global brand employing over 130,000 people in 80 countries within the construction, engineering, civil works, energy services, telecommunications, and media sectors.
In the UK, Bouygues Energies & Services is a leading provider of facilities management (FM), energy services, highways, and complex engineering solutions across the public and private sectors.
- We place a strong emphasis on continual development, both professional and interpersonal. Currently over 2% of the Company's payroll is spent on Learning and Development activities. We have our own international and local training centres, delivering technical and management courses.
- Here at Bouygues we value the creativity and innovation that our diverse workforce brings, encouraging people from all backgrounds, particularly those from underrepresented communities to apply. By joining us, you will be inspired to bring your full self to the workplace, speak up and share your unique ideas. You will also have an opportunity to join our employee led diversity & inclusion communities such as WeLink (women network), Encompass (LGBTQ+), Kaleidoscope (BAME), Disability and Wellness peer support network, Parents and Carers network.
- We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
- We value your privacy and we are committed to protecting your personal details. If you choose to apply for this role, please do not include any sensitive data on your CV which reveals (directly or indirectly): your race or ethnic origins, your political, philosophical or religious opinions, or your membership of a trade union, your social security number, or information which relates to your health or sexual orientation or to any criminal convictions