Financial Controller - Inside IR35
Contract Term: 6 Months
Contracting Authority: Ministry of Defence
The Army's Programmes Directorate brings together all the key change programmes within the Army to optimise their delivery, and to direct and monitor the Army's change portfolio to ensure that programmes are delivered to performance, cost and time. The Directorate will also drive effectiveness, resource prioritisation, and excellence in project and programme delivery. Director Programmes is responsible for the pan-DLOD development and delivery of new Army capability within the Change Portfolio.
The Programmes Directorate consists of multiple Programme Groups which are each headed up by a 1* SRO and consist of at least one Change Programme. Each Programme Grouping will include a Programme Controls Team working alongside the wider Programme team/s. The Programme Controls Team delivers a core enabling function for Programme delivery supporting SROs, Programme Directors and the wider programme team in the implementation of robust Portfolio, Programme and Project Management methodologies, tools and techniques.
The Programmes Controls Team provides a vital link between the Change Portfolio Office and the Programmes ensuring that accurate and timely information is recorded on Project Online including Schedules, Risks, Issues and Opportunities, Dependencies and Benefits. The team will also be responsible for stakeholder management, information management, governance and reporting, resource management and cost control. The roles within the Programme Controls Team are generic and consistent with the Project Delivery Control Framework.
As a Financial Controller your main responsibilities would be:
- Providing the lead for identifying, co-ordinating and communicating all Pan-DLOD financial information for the Programme, providing the interface between Army HQ staff and Delivery Agents.
- Leading staffing Projects and Programmes Change Requests (Initial Look Requests/Formal Change Requests or equivalent) with delivery agents on behalf of SROs and Programme Directors.
- Developing and creating of Business Cases (including all approvals e.g. Review Notes, Information Notes) with a specific focus on all financial matters, liaising with Army HQ and Delivery Agent teams as required.
- Financial point of contact on behalf of the Programme for all financial reviews (e.g. Project Cost Reviews, in year reviews, Balance of Investment etc) tracking forecasted spend and variances.
- Programme Plans team in the generation of financial visualisations for wider briefing within D Programmes and Army HQ Governance Boards.
- Attending and supporting the SRO and Programme Directors at governance forums including Programme Boards, Capability Integration Working Groups etc.
You'll have relevant experience in:
- Budgeting and applying financial controls in a project/programme environment.
- Project management in a busy and dynamic organisation.
- Supporting senior management and decision-makers with at key stages of a programme's lifecycle.
- MOD finance experiene
If this role sounds like something that you would be interested in, please click the link to apply and get in touch.
"In applying for this role you acknowledge the following; this role falls in scope of the Off Payroll Working in the Public Sector legislation. Any rates of payment quoted will reflect the gross rate per day for the assignment, and will be subject to appropriate taxes and statutory costs. As such the payment to the intermediary and your income resulting from this contract will be different."
Please be aware that this role can only be worked within the UK and not Overseas.