BAMUK Group Ltd is an innovative holding company. We acquire control positions in companies focused on manufacturing and the marketing and sale of design-driven products that can be manufactured by group companies. We bring together the strengths of each group company to create a stronger partnership.
Contracts Engineering is a leading contract manufacturer that focuses exclusively on manufacturing our clients’ products for them. We are a leading onshore manufacturing partner to British companies and we are one of the largest contract manufacturers in the Southeast. Our vision is to become one of the UK’s largest onshore contract manufacturing companies.
Furnitubes is one of the UK’s leading designers and manufacturers of street furniture. We develop our own product ranges and +90% of all sales are for our standard, innovative and design-led product ranges. We also take on several high value, high visibility bespoke public realm design projects a year. Our vision is to become a world leader in "greening the grey" by supplying urban environments with products that add colour, plant life and engagement in cities.
Group Safety, Health, Environment and Quality Manager (SheQ)
Your role will be providing administrative support across a range of SHEQ day to day duties. The role will also include taking overall responsibility for:
- Administrative support in relation to maintaining data quality, facilitate IMS and QMS
system updates, the circulation of and acting upon client feedback from our Clients.
- Producing Standard Operational Procedures in line with the current workflow and quality tasks.
- Meet our External and Internal PPM targets and put actions and improvements plans in place where and when required to improve "value add" within the corrective actions agreed
- Ensuring all changes/actions are communicated to the team around you.
- To work with our customer and supplier base to enhance relationships for continuous improvement and resolve quality issues in a timely manner by using core tools, APQP, 8D, D&PFMEA’s, root cause analyses and the creation of PPAP level 3 documents when required.
- Continue to review and improve internal systems and procedures to ensure "right first time" philosophy is adopted.
• The managing of the Integrated Management System (IMS) in establishing, implementing, and maintaining the IMS in accordance with both business requirements and the requirements of the relevant standards
• Identification and development of continuous improvements to the business through the IMS
• Provide support to the team in order to achieve excellent safety, health, environmental and quality (SHEQ) standards across the business.
• Preparation of SHEQ assessments/management plans
• Managing client feedback processes including the client survey, client commendations and client complaints
• Management of external audit function with our accreditation auditors
• To represent the business core values at all times.
• Processing SHEQ audits to ensure timely and accurate performance levels are met.
• Communicate, liaise, and negotiate with customers, clients, supply chain contacts and operational team members to ensure compliance with SHEQ standards
• Delivering and implementing SHEQ standards both internally and on our clients’ products as required
• Provide support in relation to document control and improvement requests within the IMS
• Provide support in creating and issuing SHEQ reports to operational teams across the business
• Development of SHEQ Communications, products and training content as required.
• Complete internal quality audits in support of our ISO 9001, ISO 45001 & 14001 compliances
• Any other business as instructed by line management
- Quality defects below Company targets each month
- All H & S checks are up to date and all service plans run to date.
- "Go for Zero" accident ratio (KPI agreed by Sheq Manager and Operations Director).
Skills & Prior Experience (Qualifications)
• Prior Quality Management experience is a must
• Able to manage own time effectively, whilst working to tight deadlines
• Previous experience in a Safety, Health, Environmental and quality capacity. Working within a sheet metal Production / Manufacturing Industry (this would be advantageous).
• Basic IT skills, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Excellent written and interpersonal skills and the ability to challenge constructively.
• Effective team working and networking skills and the ability to work independently using own initiative.
• The ability to plan, prioritise and organise own workload.
• Excellent customer service skills
• Iosh Managing Safely Certificate / NEBOSH certificate (desirable)
Mid-£40’s base + 5.0%% performance bonus (75% on Budget/KPIs + 25% on Achieving Rocks)
Both SHEQ control in Contracts Engineering Limited / Furnitubes
23 days; 3-4 held back for Christmas shutdown. There is also an opportunity to gain an additional 2 days holiday 1 extra day after 4 years service accrued and another 1 extra day after 8 years service.
Benefits & Training
- 3% matching staff pension available after 3 month probationary period; training courses where applicable; +1 holiday after 4 years of service / +2 days after 8 years of service
- Bi-annual company profit share; 20% payout on savings from Bright Ideas
- Free lunches on Friday (Thurs for afternoon shift); free coffee, tea and fruit
- Private healthcare after 6mo of service
- 2qty fully paid 1hr physio appointments per year
- Subsidized gym membership
- Career progression for those looking to develop their skills and leadership abilities