Do you have strong visual design skills and experience working across the entire UX / UI lifecycle?
Our Client are a website agency that build bespoke, top-quality E-commerce websites. They design and develop every project using the best practice processes to deliver the best quality websites to our clients and their customers.
Overview (Senior UX/UI Designer)
We are looking for a talented and passionate Senior UX/UI Designer with a solid experience in working across the entire UX/UI lifecycle. Day to day you will be involved in research, definition of UX requirements, and creation of high-resolution prototypes and user interface designs.
You'll have the confidence to reach outside the briefs set and challenge existing site experience and design and be able to communicate confidently with backed data as to why areas remaining untouched could be further improved.
You’ll know what works and what doesn’t in the E-Commerce world and you’ll have a wealth of successful E-Commerce websites that have led to results that have been created or improved on by you using UX/UI methods.
Responsibilities (Senior UX/UI Designer)
- Collaborate closely with the design team to create user journeys within wireframes:
- Gather and evaluate user requirements
- Facilitate internal UX workshops
- Pinpoint user journeys
- Help to write copy that improves UX
- Conduct user testing
- Work alongside our UI designers to create high-fidelity prototypes and design stunning, award-winning, front-end user interfaces (Sketch)
- Collaborate closely with the team on pitches, proposals, the scope of work and UX optimisation of existing websites
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research projects with users
- Identify user personas and discover user stories to better design products.
- Identifying user personas and building UX plans to suit the navigational requirement of each persona.
- Conduct user journey mapping to identify user pain points
- Identify usage patterns and design opportunities from analytics and user-testing
- Share research results with the wider team and clients
- Work with the digital marketing team to discuss research findings
- Implement the foundations for how UX is considered and utilised in the company and its projects.
- Share insights and analysis for pitches/proposals and debate recommendations to influence the strategic direction of each website.
Skill Required (Senior UX/UI Designer)
- Have fantastic design skills and an eye for attention to detail
- A solid understanding of the principles of user-centred design
- You have moderated usability tests before
- You have a passion to do what’s right for the user
- A knack for asking the right questions to unearth the underlying needs of a user
- Good with words, able to convey what you intend
- You actively seek out critiques of your work
- People like working with you and you’re pretty persuasive
- Your communication skills mean you’re able to express your views
Desirable Experience (Senior UX/UI Designer)
- Experience working in a digital agency
- Good understanding of Wordpress and WooCommerce
- Experience in Project and Client Management
- Experience with agile project methods
- Understanding of SEO principles
Must haves (Senior UX/UI Designer)
- 5+ years experience
- Proven process for identifying user personas
- Expert in websites user behaviour
- Experience in running user testing
- Passionate about CRO and driving user conversion
- Understanding of digital marketing
- Able to speak to clients to explain our process, take a brief, assist with proposals and pitches and report to clients on our work outcomes
- A desire to find what value we can offer to our clients to add strength to our case studies
Location and hours (Senior UX/UI Designer)As we work remotely, we are open to candidates who are based within 2-3 hours commute of Hertfordshire. We would expect you to meet up with the team at our Hertfordshire office a minimum of 6 times a month.