Job Title - Senior Underwriter - International Property
Contract - Permanent
Salary - Circa £80,000
Location - Birmingham, West Midlands
Industry - Insurance Underwriting
We are looking for an experienced Property Underwriter to help drive the expansion of our clients International Property book. The position will be based from Birmingham office.
As an Underwriter / Senior Underwriter you will be seen as a market leading Underwriter in your field to internal peers, Brokers and direct clients. You will be responsible for driving profitable growth of the book by providing best in class underwriting service to Clients and Brokers, and leading by example for junior team members to learn from.
You will work with an allocated range of clients within the portfolio to service their new business, renewal and policy endorsement needs, whilst maintaining a view across the wider book to ensure we are achieving the desired strategic goals for the book. You will also work with Claims and Actuarial counterparts to design innovative pricing and risk management solutions for clients, and work with Reinsurance counterparts to ensure the appropriate coverage is in place.
What will your essential responsibilities include?
- Reviewing submissions including applications, policy wording, inspection reports, loss runs, and financial reports while conducting appropriate research to determine degree of risk for each account.
- Calculating appropriate risk premium by considering the risk costs inherent to the sector, reinsurance cessions as well as the Underwriting and general administration costs while ensuring profitability.
- Proactively advising, assisting, servicing and following up with clients on insurance and risk management matters to ensure satisfaction and fulfillment of their insurance requirements.
- Effective relationship management to initiate opportunities for cross-selling offered products and ensuring account retention
- Reviewing loss control reports and managing policy endorsement requests to process any necessary changes to the policy
- Support the business planning and forecasting process; monitor financial exposure within outlined limits; monitor premium income to ensure it remains within set limits.
- Maintain awareness of all claims advised while supporting and providing input on settlement of claims.
- You will report to the Underwriting Manager
We're looking for someone who has these abilities and skills:
- Significant proven Underwriting experience with demonstrable track record of writing a profitable portfolio within the line of business
- Demonstrate significant technical knowledge and experience of the industry and line of business
- Proven analytical, negotiation and sales skills
- Excellent customer service experience, including strong written and oral communication skills
For a full brief please contact one of our specialist consultants:-