We are recruiting for a Wealth Management Administrator to join an established Principal Practice of St. James’s Place Wealth Management based in Moorgate, London supporting one Financial Adviser / Partner. This role is provided on a self-employed basis with guaranteed earnings.
You will be working with one Partner / Financial Adviser assisting them to deliver a first class professional client service level within an administrative capacity.
The position requires strong attention to detail and accuracy due to the complex nature of the services we offer to our clients. A good understanding of Financial Services, or the desire to learn and build a career in Wealth Management, will be a major benefit to the successful applicant.
Following initial training, the successful applicant will be the main liaison between the client and the Adviser, ensuring all meetings are prepared for, delivered and any agreed actions are followed up in a timely and professional manner - good communication skills are a must.
The role will include an element of sales / marketing at a basic level, therefore, it is essential the individual is comfortable on the telephone speaking to clients of high net worth.
The successful candidate will be given the opportunity to develop and grow within the role, completing the Level 4 Diploma in Financial Planning (DipPFS) exams to work towards becoming a competent Paraplanner within the medium term or a financial adviser themselves in the long term (within 5-6 years).
Either aspiring future financial advisers / Paraplanners willing to start their career within an Administrative sales support capacity would be particularly suited to this role, or long term administrator wishing to grow their career into a more senior administrative position. Full training will be provided in all administrative area of the role.
The role will include, but is not limited to the following responsibilities:
Client / Team communication
- Pro-active and structured approach to the Practice’s administration needs, ensuring the smooth running of the back office support
- Dealing with client queries via telephone, email, face-to-face or in writing as required
- Introduction to face to face client meetings once fully trained in the role
- Using financial software to provide data analysis of clients’ funds and investments (via FE Analytics / Voyant once trained)
- Producing personalised illustrations, and obtaining up to date wealth accounts
- Preparing critical yield calculations
- Liaising with pension and investment companies
- Preparing meeting packs in advance of client meetings
- Liaising with internal central administration centres regarding client’s funds and investments
- Switching of client funds and processing fund surrenders
- Setting up new clients on iBusiness, and keeping all client information up to date where required
- Issuing and chasing letters of authority
Marketing / Sales
- Proactively contacting clients to introduce topical seminars to them
- Contacting clients to arrange meetings with the financial adviser
- Electronic Business Submission processing
- Processing paper application forms
- Basic suitability letter preparation
Technical skills required
- Previous Financial Service experience preferred, but not essential as full training will be provided.
- First class organisational skills to deliver against a wide variety of tasks
- Effective communication skills verbally, face to face and in writing
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work flexibly
- Highly computer literate: Word, Excel, Outlook
- Ability to manage own workloads and multitask where appropriate
- Able to work independently, disciplined in work approach with the ability to get the job done
- Professional and approachable manner to clients and colleagues
- Well presented
- Ability to work effectively under pressure to meet tight deadlines where required
- Able to deal with individuals at all levels, including those of high net worth
- Able to work in a high confidential and discreet environment
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Pro-active in approach
- Naturally comfortable working in a numeric environment
- Reliable and committed long term to a career in Wealth Management
- Salary: £24-28K depending on experience (Guaranteed earnings)
- Role type: Self-employed (guaranteed earnings)
- Location: Moorgate, London, EC2V 5DE
- Hours of work: Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours a week between the core hours of 8.00am - 6.00pm. Please note that at busy peak times in year such as tax year end, additional hours will be required as standard.
- Training: Full training shall be provided
- Holiday: 25 days plus bank holiday (paid holiday entitlement)
To apply for this excellent opportunity or for further information, please apply online