Engineering Shift Manager
£38,000 to £42,000 plus Benefits
A food manufacturing company are looking for a Engineering Shift Manager working on a days based Monday to Friday shift pattern. Reporting into the Engineering Manager to lead and manage the day to day running of the Engineering team in order to support all maintenance and engineering breakdowns. You will be an apprentice trained Engineer with experience of leading an engineering team within a fast paced manufacturing environment.
As a Engineering Shift Manager your day-to-day responsibilities will consist of.
- Reporting into the Engineering Manager you will be managing the Maintenance Engineers, Apprentices and Technical Operatives across the site.
- Recording and updating all breakdowns, repairs and PPM’s onto the internal system.
- Day to Day management of Engineering performance of fast-moving production line and wider factory Engineering activities with due consideration for safe plant operations.
- Assessing all aspects of maintenance procedures, ensuring a safe working environment at all times.
- Understanding of engineering and operational KPI’s and be able to identify areas for improvement.
- Ensuring equipment is set up ready for shift start, performs at required output and ensure lines are shut down correctly.
- Maintaining the Workshop and outside areas to high standard, ensuring regular checks are conducted and satisfactory feedback is received from GMP audits.
- Identifying the training needs of the Engineering team in order to coach, train and develop the team to provide the opportunities to develop to their potential.
An exciting opportunity for an Engineering Shift Manager with the following.
- Apprentice trained Engineer with experience working within fast paced manufacturing environment.
- Previous experience of leading and developing an Engineering team or department.
- Hands on experience of mechanical and electrical maintenance.
- NEBOSH or IOSH qualified.
- Understanding of automation equipment, PLC’s & Scada Systems.
- Strong Interpersonal communication skills and can communicate with all levels and multiple stakeholders
If you are a Engineering Shift Manager with the right experience and you want to be considered, please apply today or please contact James Randall at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on .
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.