IT Audit Specialist
London / Hybrid
£60,000 - £65,000
We are working with a dynamic, Top 20 firm based in Central London who are actively looking for an energetic, dynamic, team-oriented IT Audit Specialist.
Within the IT Audit team, a large amount of work involves providing support and opinions over the environment supporting the financial statement audits and regulatory frameworks.
Your role as an Audit IT Specialist:
- Working with the Audit Technical and Data Analytics teams to develop and align the IT Audit approach with existing External Audit processes.
- Delivery of IT audit services to entities across various sectors, including supporting the IT elements of financial audits and carrying out end-to-end SOC 2 Type 1 and Type 2 audits.
- Assisting the External Audit team with client audit scoping and planning.
- Conducting fieldwork and delivering work centred around IT general controls and IT application controls for audited entities.
- Assisting the External Audit team in designing additional audit testing where system controls have been identified as weak.
- Drafting articulate and comprehensive audit finding reports highlighting control weaknesses, associated risks and practical recommendations for the client management team's consideration.
- Building and managing excellent relationships with audited entities' IT functions.
What do the staff/team think
"You are not just a number and can form relationships with managers and partners."
What you'll need to succeed
- Proven experience in delivering IT external audits.
- Strong understanding of IT risks and internal controls across a broad range of industries.
- Experience in developing risk-based IT audit work programmes.
- Experience of testing IT General Controls and IT Application Controls.
- Experience in identifying and assessing complex IT risks and controls, to relate them to the wider business environment and to express opinions clearly to all levels.
- Experience in carrying out SOC1 and/or SOC2 audits will be beneficial -Industry recognised qualifications such as CISA or equivalent will be beneficial.
If you have an excellent IT auditing background and want to apply or discuss the role in more detail, please contact me on or .
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring the representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.