PE Global are looking for a Maintenance Technician for a leading Engine Manufacturer based in Peterborough. This is a 12 month + contract position very likely to be extended.
- The successful candidate will carry out research & development work on either current or new engines. The ability to work to engineer’s instructions, carry out a range of test work, including fitting prototype parts to an engine and/or record and produce quality data is fundamental to the role
- Mechanical/electrical experience on diesel engines, such as stripping & rebuilding along with an understanding of common rail fuel systems
- Good PC skills
- Engine test rig experience and/or technical/mechanical experience would provide a distinct advantage. Additional specific training will be given where required.
- Applicants must be self-motivated with good team working skills and be willing to work shifts. Initiative and a positive attitude to change are essential.
- Likely to be a shift position in the future depending on the candidate.
- Focused on quality and safety. Dynamic environment. Switch on and get up to speed with a shift handover from the previous shift.
- Expect them to be ready for work and get into their workday in a safe manor adhering to process.
- Hands on technician work. Frequently use hand skills and hand tools.
- Working in the test environment from the test cell console monitoring performance.
- Teams, outlook, validation manager.
- Run tests via software packages.
- Liaise with lead technicians and engineers, test ops management and supporting areas if there are issues.
- Work on breakdowns and getting test cell to run again.
- 4 main test wings.
- Could be hands on one day and computer based the next.
- Fitting work as engineers are fitted ourselves.
- Validation testing.
- Daily checks with engineers, making sure there are no issues and running as it should.
Diesel engine testing – engineer testing experience before is desirable.
- NVQ Level 3 in technical discipline
- Electrical/ Diesel engines, mechanical knowledge
- Fitting skills
- IT Microsoft Suite Literate
If interested in applying to this job opportunity, please don’t hesitate to call +44 or alternatively send an updated CV to .
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in UK***
Although it is not possible for us to respond to all applications, we at PE Global will do our upmost to give you feedback on your application. You have sent your Cv into us as a company and even though you have sent your CV to a particular position, we are making the reasonable assumption that you are active on the job market and as part of our normal recruitment service we will discuss other suitable positions with you. You are free to opt out of this so please specify in your application to us if you just want to be contacted in relation to a specific vacancy. Your Cv is sent to a central recruitment inbox which a number of people in the applicable PE Global division have access to and so this means that you might not be contacted by the named person in this advert.