Volante Group are very proud to have partnered with an award-winning Housing Association and Regeneration Community Association based in East London. Our client is looking to recruit for a Head of Rent & Service Charges.
Duties will include the following: -
- Responsible for the annual service charge estimates, actuals, invoices, and statements process for all the Group’s residents, leaseholders, and commercial customers.
- Responsible for the annual rent increase process, ensuring compliance with legislation, regulation, policy, and best practice.
- Proactively manage the process of setting rent and service charge for new and existing tenant.
- Ensure that the Rent and Service charge team partner with budget holders and managing agents to provide excellent customer focused professional service to tenants and leaseholders. Partner with the rest of the Group to support effective business processes for the recording, and reporting of rent and service charge information to enable strategic decision making.
- Manage all rent accounting and service charge functions, including write offs, allocation of payments. Manage the relationship with London Borough and other major stakeholders.
- Manage the annual service charge internal and external audit processes, ensuring recommendations are implemented. Maintain robust controls and processes to ensure substantial reassurance from the internal auditors.
The client is looking for the following pre-requisites: -
- Qualified ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA or QBE
- Substantial experience in designing and implementing financial controls especially in a regulated/charity sector
- Social Housing rent and service charge accounting management, design, and improvement experience
- Substantial workflow management and process improvement experience - especially IT system improvements
- Strong customer service skills
This is a fantastic opportunity to utilise your previous Rent & Service Charge experience as well as systems knowledge to help our client to improve the quality of reporting in this area. If you have similar previous experience gained within the Housing Sector, then please call me now!