In your role as a 2nd Chef at HC-One, you’ll value one thing above all. Kindness. It carries across every aspect of our Dementia, Nursing, Residential and Specialist Care homes. Every single person who works here understands that our Residents are people just like them with their own stories to tell. By joining HC-One you’ll have a wonderful opportunity to give something back to those people.
As a 2nd Chef that will mean cooking and serving nutritious, healthy meals that our Residents will love. You’ll provide outstanding support to our First Chef, taking charge in their absence. And, whether you’re managing the food stock, working out how to make the most of your budget, coaching a colleague or supervising the kitchen clean-up, you’ll always have Resident wellbeing in mind above anything else.
HC-One are looking for a Chef with at least a Level 2 Food Hygiene Certificate and great understanding of Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points. Beyond that, it’s all about your brilliant, positive energy and natural ability to get along with people. You’ll be organised and meet deadlines, present your food attractively and have a knack for following recipes perfectly. And, whenever you communicate with a Resident or co-worker, you’ll be truly considerate and kind.
Well, after all, it’s just in your nature.
We’ll provide full training, so it’s a great opportunity to learn something new. In return, you will enjoy access to a huge variety of benefits and services to support your physical and psychological well-being and throughout your career as a 2nd Chef we will invest in you and you will enjoy additional support and benefits including:
- Paid Enhanced DBS/PVG
- Free uniform
- Hourly rate is subject to experience and qualifications.
- During a shift of eight hours or more a nutritious meal will be available
- Company pension scheme
- 28 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Group life assurance cover
- Award-winning learning and development and support to achieve qualifications.
- GP online - a service providing around the clock GP consultation via an interactive app - available to you and your children under 16
- An opportunity to learn from experienced colleagues as part of an outstanding and committed team.
- Colleague discounts – Access to over 1600 high street discounts including carefully selected discount partners.
- Wellbeing - free of charge access to an independent and confidential Employee Assistance Programme. This gives Colleagues and their family access to 24/7 365 support for a whole range of issues including physical, mental and financial issues
- Excellent recognition schemes such as ‘Kindness in Care’ and Long Service Awards
- An attractive refer a friend scheme of up to £1000 per referral, depending on the role
We are passionate about ensuring that our current and future Colleagues can be their true selves, and that our workforce represents the communities we serve. We prioritise inclusive working practices and invite applicants from all backgrounds into our HC-One family and we are committed to providing the quickest possible turnaround from the point of making you a job offer to you starting with us on day one.