Senior Specialist Dietitian
London over 2 sites
Permanent, full time hours
Salary up to £39,000 per annum plus Benefits
VISA - We will be able to sponsor VISA's for candidates within the EU and outside the EU
We are looking for a Senior Specialist Dietitian to join our clients private Hospital based in London to provide a high-quality specialist dietetic service for allocated inpatient and outpatient caseloads. The post will cover various clinical areas including GI Surgery (including Bariatrics), Colorectal surgery, Gastroenterology, Oral and Enteral Nutrition, Total Parental Nutrition. The Dietetic department is supportive around new learning opportunities and CPD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To manage a clinical caseload in the specialist areas of GI and Colorectal surgery, Gastroenterology and Nutrition Support
- To provide out-patient clinics in a variety of areas including Gastroenterology (e.g. IBS, IBD, Coeliac Disease, functional gut disorders), Bariatric surgery, Nutrition support as well as general nutrition advice.
- To assist in the provision of service to other clinical areas such as Renal, Diabetes, Gynae, Orthopaedic patients to help support the department and when cover is required.
- To assist and support the ongoing development of the current Dietetic service line with overall Dietetic Department service planning.
- To plan, prioritise and manage own caseload as an independent practitioner and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- To liaise with the multidisciplinary team including consultants, nursing, catering, pharmacy, speech therapy and other health professionals with respect to provision of appropriate nutritional care for patients.
Skills & Experience
- BSc Degree in Dietetics or equivalent
- Current HCPC member
- Experience needed in TPN, Complex GI surgery including Colorectal surgery,
- Gastroenterology and IBD. This will often be a shared caseload with the Lead DT
- Experience in complex tube feeds
- Experience in Bariatric surgery (desirable)
- Must have experience in running outpatient clinics. Training and experience in Low FODMAPS desirable, however, support and training can be provided to the right candidate
- Be open minded to the potential differences in working within a private healthcare setting i.e. changing and dynamic environment and caseloads. Flexible mindset, and a great team player
If you are interested in any of the above roles please contact Martine Cohen at JS3 Recruitment,
If you are responding directly to this position please attach your current CV and inform us of your current remuneration
Should you know anyone who may be seeking an opportunity then JS3 offer a referral scheme, please refer to our website www.js3recruitment.com for more details