A global, market-leading manufacturer are recruiting a forward-thinking, pro-active Material Planner/Buyer to join their Redditch based Purchasing team. The Redditch facility is well established having been there for over 10 years. You will join an experienced team of individuals and work for a business with a very strong order book. The company offer 25 days leave plus statutory days, different pension options including a contribution scheme, 4 X salary life assurance and a health plan.
As a Material Planner/Buyer you will be responsible for:
- The purchasing of a range of sub-contract components including castings.
- Working proactively with the supplier base to ensure that purchasing levels match that of the material flow, production requirements and the demand plan.
- The creation of works orders within the manufacturing systems.
- Assist in the development of the supplier base by measuring key metrics.
To be successful within the role you will have:
- Proven experience as a Material Planner/Buyer within a manufacturing environment.
- The ability to interpret technical/engineering drawings in order to issue quotes for materials and components.
- Experienced in the use of a range of computer systems. The business uses SAP and it would be a distinct advantage if you were to have this.
- A proactive, forward-thinking attitude with the ability to always look ahead of what the business needs and then communicate this in your purchasing plan with your suppliers.
In return, you will receive an excellent benefits package which includes:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Medical plan
- Different pension options including a contribution scheme
- Free parking
In addition to the formal package, the company offer a lot of autonomy in your role and the opportunities to further develop your skills and career.
ASC Connections Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. We are committed to equal opportunity and diversity.