Financial Controller - Biotech startup
Central London- Hybrid- 2-3 days in office
£70-80k + benefits
Talentedge are exclusively working with a VC backed (Series A) Biotech startup on an essential role within their expanding finance team.
You’ll be great for this opportunity if you are able to have an instant impact; upskilling the level of financial reporting and commercial analysis to support continued international expansion.
Key responsibilities include:
Lead the day-to-day finance function:
- Adapting financial processes and governance, to create best in class control environment to support the increasing scale of the business, looking to continuously improve both efficiency and effectiveness and ensuring balance sheet visibility in a fast-growth business
- Be a true “business partner” to the Commercial and Operational teams, providing guidance to enable effective and sound allocation of resources
- Prepare the monthly board pack including consolidated management accounts with analysis and commentaries
- Statutory reporting and tax work, including VAT and R&D
- Proactively improve processes and controls to streamline and maximize efficiencies, using technology where possible to automate
- Support CFO and FP&A Lead on:
- Financial planning – Budgeting, forecasting, pricing, KPI analysis
- Future fundraising activities
- Support on future fundraising activities
- Fully qualified (ACCA, CIMA or ACA)
- Technically strong accountant with consolidations experience
- Experience of working within a high growth technology company (Deeptech is preferable)
- Previous exposure to using Xero software as well as additional bolt-ons
This role won't be round for long so please get in touch ASAP if you have the relevant experience!