In your role as a Care Assistant at HC-One, you’ll value kindness above all. It touches upon every aspect of our Dementia, Nursing, Residential and Specialist care homes. Every single person who works here understands that our residents are people just like them with their own stories to tell. By joining HC-One you’ll have a wonderful opportunity to give something back to those people.
Right now, we’re looking for an enthusiastic and committed Care Assistant to join the team at our care home. Whether we're providing long or short-term, convalescence, respite or palliative care, our focus is on providing the highest quality service at all times. Do you fit this role?
As a Care Assistant under the guidance of a Registered Nurse, taking responsibility for the physical and emotional well being and social needs of our residents. Assisting residents with personal care activities such as washing, personal hygiene, dressing and assisting with meals.
Delivering a level of care that truly comes from the heart. It’s about making sure our residents never lose their dignity or sense of individuality as you get involved in general activities within the care home. And, whether you’re helping someone with limited mobility to learn to use an aid, offering emotional support to a confused or distressed resident or delivering care to someone at the end of their life, you’ll always have their well-being in mind above anything else.
We’ll provide full training, so it’s a great opportunity to learn something new. In return, you will enjoy access to a huge variety of benefits and services to support your physical and psychological well-being and throughout your career as a Care Assistant we will invest in you and you will enjoy additional support and benefits including:
- Hourly rate is subject to experience and qualifications.
- Paid Enhanced DBS/PVG
- Free uniform
- During a shift of eight hours or more a nutritious meal will be available
- Company pension scheme
- 28 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Group life assurance cover
- Award-winning learning and development and support to achieve qualifications.
- GP online - a service providing around the clock GP consultation via an interactive app - available to you and your children under 16
- An opportunity to learn from experienced colleagues as part of an outstanding and committed team.
- Colleague discounts – Access to over 1600 high street discounts including carefully selected discount partners.
- Wellbeing - free of charge access to an independent and confidential Employee Assistance Programme. This gives Colleagues and their family access to 24/7 365 support for a whole range of issues including physical, mental and financial issues
- Excellent recognition schemes such as ‘Kindness in Care’ and Long Service Awards
- An attractive refer a friend scheme of up to £1000 per referral, depending on the role
We are passionate about ensuring that our current and future Colleagues can be their true selves, and that our workforce represents the communities we serve. We prioritise inclusive working practices and invite applicants from all backgrounds into our HC-One family and we are committed to providing the quickest possible turnaround from the point of making you a job offer to you starting with us on day one.