The Trainee Quantity Surveyor will proactively support the Quantity Surveyor / Managing Quantity Surveyor on the successful management and control all aspects of the commercial / financial and contractual elements of the designated projects in order to control and maximise the company's profitability, protect the companies legal and contractual obligations under the contract and to manage proactively the control of all commercial issues.
Salary - £22,000-24,000
Location - West Yorkshire
- To assist the QS with commercial administration and management on a number of live projects or projects at pre-construction phase
- Assist in the preparation of interim and final account
- Provide quotation and build up values for client variations
- Collate information for expenditure and forecasting.
- Review and measure against technical drawings
- Gain knowledge in contract law and implement under various contracts
- Maximise potential for financial recovery for the business.
- Be responsible for your safety and others around you
- Attend project and company related meetings
- Develop an understanding of the designated contract, specification and pricing ensuring compliance with conditions throughout
- Degree in Quantity surveying
- Aptitude to read technical drawings
- Good mathematical ability
- Good computer skills including Excel and Outlook
- Ability to learn quickly and apply knowledge gain
- Able to communicate effectively
- Demonstrate analytical thinking and attention to detail