AL554: Fibre SupervisorLocation: Slough, Maidenhead or BracknellSalary: £38-43k + VanOverview:First Military Recruitment are currently recruiting for an Installation Team Manager (Telecoms/Fibre) to join our client. The business is a leading London-based connectivity provider committed to building one of the highest capacity enterprise fibre networks and after a decade of serving clients across the UK and EuropeOur client is looking for a driven and proactive individual to take on the permanent position of an Installation Team Manager – overseeing the installers, and focused on their conduct, progression and professional development. The role is principally working within the Installation and Fibre teams having exposure to all areas of the business – including Health & Safety, Training and Quality Assurance teams.Our client encourages applications from ex-military candidates however, all applications will be considered.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide overall management of the growing installation teams comprised of apprentices, trainees, junior and senior installers.
- Be the main point of contact for the teams to offer coaching and 1:1 support as well as act as their advocate to the wider business.
- Work closely with the Install Planner Managers to assess project needs as they plan, schedule and disseminate jobs to the teams.
- Work closely with the Quality and Health and Safety Managers to constantly evaluate and drive improvement in installation behavioral practices, feeding back into training as appropriate.
- Regularly meet with the teams to understand progress and the areas where support is needed - identifying additional training and development requirements for the teams according to their evolving learning needs.
- Direct attendance and time management, tracking progress and reviewing end of day reports from the teams.
- Take responsibility for the resourcing and outputs of the installation teams
- Ensuring correct equipment, tools and materials are available to the team each day.
- Ensuring the teams have the correct documentation and permits for each job.
- Ensuring all completed works and Health & Safety documentation is done each day.
- Work closely with the Training Delivery Lead to ensure all tickets and qualifications are up to date
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience in managing diverse teams of installers is essential.
- Telecoms, infrastructure or engineering industry experience is essential.
- Highly organised and hands-on
- Supportive management style, enabling the installers to grow and take ownership of their role.
- Ability to cater to differing levels of knowledge and experience and within the team and manage these effectively.
- Ability to think methodically and schedule the team effectively.
- Proactive and forward thinking.
- Problem solving skills.
- Confident and clear communicator.
- Excellent career progression based on your own performance
- Private Healthcare
- Company pension scheme
- 25 days of annual leave allowance that increases with years served (excluding bank holidays)
- Cycle to work scheme.
Location: Slough, Maidenhead or BracknellSalary: £38-43k + Van