Senior Highways Engineer - Cardiff
Salary: £35,000 - £45,000 + benefits
A brilliant opportunity has arisen for a knowledgeable and motivated Highways Engineer to assume a Senior position in the talented Infrastructure's team of a highly successful multidisciplinary consultancy which has a network of offices across the UK. Our client has an impressive portfolio of innovative and sustainable infrastructure projects, and, with the prosperity of the local community at the heart of every project undertaken, the team can proudly say that their work makes a real and positive difference. Working as part of the company's vibrant and supportive Cardiff office, you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of regional and UK-wide projects. As a Senior Highways Engineer you will assume numerous key responsibilities and technical aspects required for project delivery including feasibility, concept design, detailed design, preparation of tender and contract documentation, invitation of tenders, and supervision of construction works on site.
As a Senior Highways Engineer, your responsibilities will involve:
- Arranging the procurement of highway improvement works through competitive tendering.
- Preparing schemes for tender using the NEC3 family of Forms of Contract, Manual of Contract Documents for Highway Works including use of Specification for Highway Works Standard Method of Measurement.
- Undertaking feasibility studies including preparing reports and cost estimates.
- Supervising and monitoring works on site.
- A Bachelors or Masters degree in Civil Engineering or a related subject accredited by the Engineering Council.
- Chartered Member status of the Institution of Civil Engineers (CEng MICE), or be fast approaching Chartered Member status.
- Professional experience in the design, implementation and supervision of all aspects of highways and civil engineering design and construction.
- An extensive knowledge and understanding of the relevant legislation, standards and procedures.
- A working knowledge of standard highway and civil engineering specifications, conditions of contract and methods of measurement.
- Working knowledge of the relevant legislation and guidelines including the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges, British and European Standards, Eurocodes and Codes of Practice.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to meet tight and strict deadlines.
- A full UK driver's licence.