We are currently recruiting for a Maintenance and Gardening Assistant to join our team. With a genuine interest in DIY and enthusiasm, our Maintenance team positively promote excellent health and safety standards within and around the home, supporting the Home Manager to maintain a safe environment. As one of the largest healthcare providers in the UK it’s important to us to couple great care with meaningful and enjoyable experiences.
As a Maintenance Assistant you will be:
- Responsible for the upkeep of the Care Home and surrounding grounds and undertake planned maintenance of the home ensuring excellent first Impressions to all who visit
- Ensuring the smooth operation and serviceability of all services such as heating, lighting, plumbing and non-medical equipment required for the safe and efficient operation of the Home.
- Maintaining the homes exterior including: Pathways and driveways are clear unobstructed and safe. Plants are kept hydrated, flowerbeds and potted plants are tendered and grassed areas kept tidy to enhance 1st impressions. Ensure that external lighting and signs inside and outside the home are clear visible and in good order/ repair.
- Ensuring compliance and essential checks are completed and identifying and reporting all maintenance defects
- Engaging proactively with all stakeholders ensuring all allocated tasks outside and inside the site are carried out effectively and efficiently and to a high standard
- Able to undertake decorating, including painting & wallpapering, minor refurbishment and maintenance within the home
- Able to provide out of hours emergency service by participating in the on call rota and be proactive when asked to provide temporary cover for sister homes.
- Suitably trained to be an active Fire Warden and to keep up to date within policy and procedures including all training as required. Induct new staff as required.
- Able to assemble /install new equipment/goods delivered to a home.
- Assisting with the fire and water risk assessments and reviews.
- Carrying out plumbing, joinery and general building repairs to a good standard.
- Maintaining the company vehicle and carrying out basic safety checks.
To succeed you will be
- Genuinely interested in promoting independence and life style opportunities for older people as well as being able to work unsupervised.
- Confident and enthusiastic enough to carry out fault finding and basic repairs to all equipment, for example- catering and laundering machines.
- Passionate and committed to enhancing the specialist services we deliver
- A team player who engages well with others
We provide you with excellent learning, development and support opportunities, to equip you with the knowledge and skills to make a real difference in the role.
We offer you a great range of benefits, which include:
- Competitive salary
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Refer a Friend scheme of £500 (increasing to £650 for any further referrals)*
- Free meals
- Access to excellent training
- Career development opportunities
- Discounts and benefits suited to your lifestyle
- Free onsite parking
- Free uniform
- NEST work place pension contributions
- Long service awards
* T&C's apply