Imperial Professionals are delighted to announce that we are working in partnership with Middlesbrough College who are recruiting for a Construction Tutor on a Permanent basis.
Salary: Up to £31,500 per annum
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Middlesbrough College
Hours: Full Time
The Construction Tutor is responsible for the delivery of construction (Various) to groups of students. Tutors will contribute to the design and delivery of learning programmes and assessments, working closely with learners to enable them to successfully achieve their qualifications. Tutors have a key role in developing learners to achieve their learning goals and inspire them to overcome barriers.
- To develop, manage and maintain excellent relationships with students.
- To design bespoke teaching, delivery and assessment plans to meet the requirements of the qualification standards and internal NSG quality standards.
- To plan, conduct and participate in induction and initial assessment of learners to identify realistic learning priorities.
- To provide information, advice and guidance to learners and to promote learning and timely achievement of the agreed learning aims and SMART objectives.
- Plan and carry out the teaching and learning against the agreed learning objectives and qualification standards to ensure the end target date is achieved.
- To work in a team to plan and deliver a structured scheme of work and develop lesson plans that meet the learning needs and the relevant qualification standards. Support the continued evaluation of learning needs and objectives, through regular review and attendance as required at best practice groups.
- To comply with the contractual standards with emphasis on recruiting participants, managing retention and achievement.
- To establish a purposeful learning environment, where learners feel safe, secure, confident and valued.
- Ensure effective classroom management of learners e.g. regular attendance by learners; order and discipline maintained during sessions.
- To meet targets, whether they are locally or contractually agreed and support the organisation in the delivery of its strategy.
- To contribute to the performance management of the programme, monitoring key performance indicators, such as learner numbers, attendance and timeliness of achievement.
- To participate in the continuous improvement cycle through programme and self-assessment reviews, attendance at staff meetings, working groups, development projects and activities.
- Minimum of Level 4 or above in a relevant qualification.
- Functional Skills Maths, English and ICT.
- Teaching Qualification (or willing to work towards).
- Practical occupational experience within Construction.
- Desire to assist learners achieve their career and learning aspirations.
- High level of self-motivation - ability to work on own initiative.
- Clear proactive approach to planning, organising, prioritising workload.
- Good problem solving / decision making skills.
- Well-developed interpersonal & communication skills.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Ability to achieve deadlines and targets.
- Ability to motivate others and influence work behaviours.
- Be able to work flexible hours and locations as required.
For more information on this opportunity please feel free to contact Imperial Professionals. Due to the high volume of applications that we receive we may not be able to respond to every application, however, if you do not get a response within 7 days, please consider your application for this opportunity unsuccessful but we will keep your details on file for other opportunities.