Bennett and Game are currently working with a Leading Event Haulage company actively seeking a highly skilled Transport FLM to join their Nottingham location.
Our client specialise in Event organisation for European & UK touring and events. Offering expertise in-house on customs and export documentation and leading the way in sustainable transport solutions. Due to continued growth, they are looking for a self motived individual to join their Nottingham location.
Transport FLM (Front Line Manager) Position Overview
- To execute the primary planning schedule on a daily and weekly basis, to ensure implementation is as close to the original plan as possible
- To check and understand the schedule in order to facilitate the plan correctly allocating resource e.g. drivers and equipment
- To communicate the planned requirements to drivers and subcontractors
- To manage driver welfare and safety, including drivers' hours and other health and safety obligations
- To motivate, engage and debrief drivers in an appropriate manner and build strong working relationships based on the values of trust and confidence
- To manage all aspects of driver performance such as fuel efficiency, infringements, defects.
- To proactively manage and control financial data such as P&L, budge
- To ensure any performance issues are addressed appropriately, consistently and effectively, keeping accurate records of any communication
- To ensure driver checks are up to date and records are kept (and reviewed) of driving licences, training certificates and other compliance requirements
Transport FLM (Front Line Manager) Position Requirements
- Previous experience of working within a 3rd party haulage environment
- Previous experience of working in a cost driven organisation and practical knowledge of cost, budgeting and financial control within a profit & loss environment
- Strong and up to date knowledge of driver compliance rules and regulations
- CPC and International CPC (essential)
- A knowledge of UK, European and International geography
Transport FLM (Front Line Manager) Position Remuneration
- Salary: £36k-£40k
- 40 hours (shift pattern between 7am-7pm)
- Working 1 in 4 weekends
- Company Pension
- 20 days holiday (plus banks)
- Excellent job security
- Excellent career progression
Bennett and Game Recruitment are a multi-disciplined technical recruitment agency based in Chichester, West Sussex operating across the UK with specialist teams covering a range of industries. We are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy, and in accordance with GDPR by applying you are granting us consent to process your data, and contact you in relation to this application and the services we offer.