Our client, a multi award-winning business within manufacturing, has an exciting opportunity for an end to end Payroll Officer to join their team!
- You will be responsible for administering end to end monthly payroll for up to 500 staff, across several sites nationally.
- Accurately log information into the time and attendance software.
- Add all new starters, record sickness and attachments of earnings to Sage 50 Payroll and assist HR.
- Record sickness in Sage 50 Payroll and applying correct SSP rules.
- Run monthly reports for the Finance team and other department managers and directors.
- Monthly holiday pay accruals.
- Monthly payroll journal.
- Issue P45s & P60s.
- RTI submissions to HMRC.
- Administration of the company pension scheme, including uploading new starters and contributions to the pension provider.
- Resolve any employee queries once payslips have been uploaded to the online portal.
- Biweekly travel to another site to liaise with managers and staff to resolve queries and assist with any time & attendance software issues and training.
- Assist Finance Manager with projects on an ad-hoc project
- Other ad-hoc finance duties and liaising with HR on payroll matters.
Key skills/ experience:
- 2-3 years’ experience working in end-to-end Payroll.
- Recent working knowledge of Sage 50 Payroll.
- Payroll qualification beneficial.
- Excel skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Highly organised with the ability to cope with a range of competing responsibilities and tasks whilst remaining in control.
- Have excellent communication skills and willingness to interact with all levels of staff within the business
- Holiday entitlement of 24 days per annum (plus 8 Bank Holidays).
- Birthday date off.
- Pension scheme
- Free onsite parking
- Receive free lunch (not guaranteed every day but often available).