Wehave an exciting opportunityavailable for a Financial Planning & Analysis Assistant Manager to join our team. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return, you will receive a competitive salary from £44,000 - £50,000 with benefits, subject to skills and experience.
The Financial Planning & Analysis (“FP&A”) Assistant Manager role reports into the FP&A Manager and supports the Francis Crick Institute (“the Crick”) in business planning and decision support.
The role will focus on supporting coordination of the financial planning, budgeting and forecasting processes and be responsible for ensuring that the Crick has the management information it needs to support effective decision-making and strategic development. The role will draw on skills in systems and analytics to provide input to the continuous improvement of the FP&A function, frequently engaging with other team members and meaningfully contribute to internal Finance processes.
Responsibilities of our Financial Planning & Analysis Assistant Manager will include:
- Supporting the build and maintenance of robust annual budget, quarterly forecast and multi-year models that influence decision-making within the Crick (30%)
- Reviewing monthly trends and KPIs to support the month-end close process, and development of the standardised monthly reporting to budget holders, Crick management and Board (30%)
- Working across various available management information systems including Workday, Adaptive and Power BI in order to provide insights and analysis. With support, to build out this reporting suite to fit the Crick’s needs (20%)
- Ad hoc responsibilities and projects as required by management, funders and other stakeholders, as directed by the line manager and Head of Financial Planning & Analysis and dependent on team workload and priorities (approx. 20%).
Skills and experience we are looking for in our Financial Planning & Analysis Assistant Manager:
The post holder should embody and demonstrate our core Crick values: bold, imaginative, open, dynamic and collegial. The following qualities, experience and competencies are also essential or desirable:
- A qualified or part-qualified accountant
- Ability to extract, manipulate and model financial data to perform analysis and draw conclusions
- A proven team player, able to work flexibly with others and contribute effectively across a broad range of activities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, able to engage with people at all levels of the finance team and non-finance members of staff
- Ability to plan and prioritise work self-sufficiently when working across multiple deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail, with a drive to improve financial processes wherever possible
- Strong knowledge in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Experience of Microsoft Power BI, Tableau or other similar data visualisation systems
- Ability to work within a hybrid work environment, which currently comprises 3 days per week working from the Crick’s award-winning building
What you can expect from us:
The Crick prides itself on being a dynamic and inclusive place to work. The successful applicant will be able to access the following benefits:
- Competitive salary package with pension contribution up to 16%
- Brand new, state-of-the-art offices with a fun and engaging culture
- 39 days off (28 days holiday + 8 bank holidays + additional 3 days over Xmas/New Year)
- Wide range of Crick training courses available
- Flexible hybrid working policy
- Life insurance cover of 4x salary
- Annual travel season ticket loan
- Subsidised canteen and coffee shop
- Herman Miller chair and a choice of hardware/OS
- Join in with Crickster quizzes, 5-a-side football, and much more
Closing date: 25th September 2022
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Financial Planning & Analysis Assistant Manager, please click ‘apply’ today, we’d love to hear from you!
All offers of employment are subject to successful security screening (including enhanced DBS check) and continuous eligibility to work in the United Kingdom.